PSA grading become more strict ??!!! Good thing !!?..

Hey guys ,
I just sent over a huge submission over 150 cards to PSA. The cards sent, in my opinion were solid 9s and 10s. I made large purchase from a big collector.
Long story short I received grades I was not expecting… pretty much a ton of 8s ,several 9s with only five 10s…
Made me feel like the people grading my cards were being spiteful lol. But anyways , it is what it is… sometimes I think submitting a small submission rather a larger one you have a better opportunity at getting a higher grade(s).

I will say. As much as I dislike my grades , it shows me PSA is probably using different grading techniques with better technology making the cards we buy a better quality. Personally I will always pay more when I know it is a SOLID 10 all around. I’m sure we have all seen 10s that can fall into a 8-9 category.

1 Like

My last 5 orders, 4 of which were bigger than yours, all came back pretty consistent with past ones and close to what I expected. If anything, maybe a touch easier.

7 Likes

Interesting…
honest crazy question Gary… should I send several of them back for a regrade or even Crack open the case and send few cards back ? Some cards are really worth a second chance…

I don’t love the review process but you could try that,

Or you could send a box of them to me or Scott or any expert here to check out.

1 Like

Honestly, what is with this ridiculous notion that grading is easier or tougher, or that PSA is being spiteful?

Lol

Why are we always kicking up a stink when we don’t get the exact grades we want? Isn’t that what GMA is for? Don’t they allow you to give your own grades?

8 Likes

What’s GMA. Sounds like a fugazj grading company. I never understood people that do that. What’s the point ?? Damn hippies.

GMA is a card grading company in the US, notorious for terrible grading practices, the ability to slab your own card or pick your own grades.

That company existing is one of the reasons we have fake PSA cards.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that PSA isn’t easier or tougher and they certainly aren’t giving better or worse grades based on submission sizes.

@funmonkey54 can definitely attest to that.

You gotta be a retard to buy or fall for fake Psa cards lol idk man

thank Gary. I’ll think about it.

Also , because you’re huge collector in the game , maybe Psa gives you more benefit of the doubt rather than a normal guy like myself. I bet if you submitted my cards you would have gotten high grades because you are who you are lol. Politics baby !! :wink:

Psa is a small working community of people. They know who the big players are.Guys like Gary bring change there business too. I’m sure there other Gary’s out there too with baseball, football , etc. Psa wants those top dogs to be happy.

Dude, that’s not how it works… When people submit their cards to get graded, the graders have no idea who owns the cards.

5 Likes

The people grading the cards don’t have a clue who’s submitting.

Sorry you’re disappointed with the grades. You can definitely try resubmitting some of the very very strong 9s you have.

This isn’t a very popular thing here, but you’ll have better luck if you crack them.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I hate the idea of cracking the case and sending back. It’s not fair to the Bobby and status.

1 Like

Gary is not even close to being one of their largest submitter. They have sports businesses that are regularly submitting 4-5,000 cards a month. And they are not getting preferential treatment, because this isn’t instagram.

9 Likes

Yeah you’re right. If I ever crack it’s to try to upgrade to a BGS 9.5 which I feel is fair if the card is borderline flawless.

I was just saying it’s near impossible getting a 8-9 upgraded 10 with the review process. They will find a tiny issue and send your card back probably 99% of the time.

Scott ,
Do the graders know who you ? I spoke with a rep and he kinda insinuated they do. Idk.

“Kinda insinuated”, sounds legit! :wink:

Lmao. Fuckin ay man.

Armin, the way the system is set up the graders don’t know who’s cards they’re grading. And with no offense intended to them, they couldn’t care less anyway;)

3 Likes

Can’t quite pin down your angle