PSA Grade Description and Accuracy Discussion

This was my analysis:

take it for what it’s worth

edit: well then, guess the posts were moved

@justinator Gotcha :blush:

1 Like

Thanks justinator for measuring the pixels. So if we average the left border, it is 17 pixels. If we average the right border, it is 25 pixels. Then the centering on left side is 17/(17+25) = 40.5%, which is just within PSA 10 limit :open_mouth:

I was not about to argue something that is as clear as day, but exactly what @gottaketchumall stated.

42.8% top and 38.1% bottom, if you don’t average them. I think it’s agreed with most that it’s not aesthetically pleasing with the centering but I suppose you could argue it does “fall within” the incredibly vague PSA guidelines for centering. lol

Ill revive my argument from an older (removed iirc) thread.

Your argument is invalid. The card clearly says “GEM MINT 10” on it. So you can’t argue that it isn’t a 10. You can disagree with the grade of course, but you can’t say it’s not a 10. Just doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Your’re absolutely correct sir, PSA definitely labels off-centered cards as Gems.

That phasing has been the brunt of dozens of jokes so now it’s dozens plus 1 lol.
Remove “not to exceed” and replace with “of”. That was the non bastardized sentence which was in place before.

This is awesome work @justinator

This is unbelievable… IM NEVER not bidding on an item on yahoo japan, or ebay, based off my own looking and paranoierz centering measurements. Because it could probably get a 10… How does this explain the exstremely harshness on other cards then. Like crack rock mcaib recent psa returns… He got so many cards that look perfectly centered, and they got 9’s… I know there english, but he’s pulled everything himself, and I see they look perfect. Not one of them looked like this machamp, so In my opinion They had to fall in line with psa standards of centering… Which means what? another flaw? WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY!WHY! WHY!WHY! WHY! It’s good in a way that there isnt a flooded population, but alot of these cards that are commons and uncommons are minty fresh, so who gives a crap about the population, because they do be uncommons and commons guys! OMG… THE MACHAMPS GONE!! NOOOO JUST AFTER I FOUND OUT THE CENTERING WAS LEGIT :slightly_frowning_face: THERES A SICK FEELING IN MY GUT. anyone from here get it>?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6KwD_phbQ

IMO PSA 10 means less than the actual quality of the card if you know what I mean.

You said you couldn’t get it. That’s a shame.

Those cards he pulled were in great condition and got 9s which is a great grade;) They didn’t deserve a better grade cause all had the same defect…a defect characteristic of early English base. Plus, he made a serious submissions error.

Ima dont understand the things… But I do know that there is this really minty fresh shine to psa 10 cards.

9’s are a high grade, but there not good enough for me lol… thing is with 9’s, they have tanked real bad lately. Mint 9 auctions go for like 10usd… ridicies.

So if there is a defect, there must be one on legendary collection, because noone can get them in 10 either.

Who remembers that Meowth that basically had no left/right border? You are telling me that was a 10 as well? This Machamp is closer to that meowth then it is to “virtually” perfect. Aside from it being off-centered it is crooked? C’mon now fellas…Don’t do that. I know I have little reputation but it doesnt take a genius to realize PSA overlooked the slightly imprecise centering. That card is a 9.

1 Like

Does it say 9 on the label?

You disagree with the grade. That’s fine, I disagree with PSA’s grades all the time. But don’t speak in absolutes. I agree with your premise, just not the way you’re saying it.

1 Like

Im not saying its a 10, but isnt justinators thingy magigy measurements correct? It probably is wrongfully graded, and I still dont understand the measurements things properly, but hey… it says gem mint 10 lol…

I’m sorry man, It’s just not a 10. If it was there wouldn’t be that 38%.

SO it is technically 2% off?

Yes, or in my perspective 7% off.