PSA Grade Description and Accuracy Discussion

That is not a 10…

Please wake me up . I see and read “JAPANESE Pokemon 1996 MACHAMP PSA 10 GEM MINT No Rarity Symbol”. What do I miss ?

I think it might have been a comment in reference to the centering of the card, which I have to agree is pretty poor.

1 Like

So PSA 10 is not a PSA 10 ?. Can you ask for a refund :blush:

Centering isn’t always a 10 breaker, but some people are picky about it. Somewhat of a preference

1 Like

It is a PSA 10. He is just surprised that it got a 10 with the centering.

2 Likes

Then it’s the verdict of the mathematician. :blush:

GEM-MT 10: Gem Mint
A PSA Gem Mint 10 card is a virtually perfect card. Attributes include four perfectly sharp corners, sharp focus and full original gloss. A PSA Gem Mint 10 card must be free of staining of any kind, but an allowance may be made for a slight printing imperfection, if it doesn’t impair the overall appeal of the card. The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.

We already went throught this bud. That Machamp is not a 10. Case closed.

We already measured the card?

Just look at it.

Why is it not a 10?

Their eyes apparently double as calipers and they “just know” it doesn’t meet centering requirements for a ten.

It’s not hard to measure it out. I say naysayers just measure it and prove it definitively one way or another.

That’s reasonable but the 60-40 centering is an “approximate” parameter, not set in stone.

3 Likes

This is pretty important information.

Thank you.

Sure:)
It’s actually phrased like this, “…be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.”

Of course we’d all like 50/50;)

Hi sir, right now im exstremely screwed, I really do want this card trust me… But I can’t right now, and its centering is… well I have never seen a no rarity psa 10 look anything like this… I havnt even seen a psa 10 normal base holo look like that machamp. hmmmz :confused: :confused: ;/

You know what though… I would still buy it… I just can’t right now… Anyone gonna do it and then make dollans off me later, nows ya chance.

Wait untill yo all see what I got coming in the mail!! should be here by the end of the week,…

1 Like

LOL, who wrote that grade description? What a joke.

“The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front”.

Let’s give a range that it can’t exceed but put “approximately” for maximum vagueness and nonsense. Why give a range if it can be outside it? Why not say a tolerance not to exceed approximately 65%? I understand not having a firm number, but to give a range that you clearly go way outside is a joke. Someone do some fancy photoshop pixel counting work on this and get an actual number. I would love to hear it and IMO a complete wild ass guess puts this card at 70/30 and PSA’s cred at 10% at best.

2 Likes

I think @hisoka107 Can figure this out for us, He knows how to do this properly… Hisoka lol, if you can find it in your busy ass school and shit schedual to figure the things out for us.

I moved all these posts. no need to clutter up someone’s collection thread with this stuff. Discuss away.