PSA: Do not put "PSA" in the title of your CGC/BGS listings

I do. The less people the better.

19 Likes

I think in the end it wont matter, but for now “PSA” is definitely what people search even if theyre after “graded card”

@gottaketchumall from Sold listings it looks like about 50% of all CGC Pokemon Card sales on eBay also had “PSA” in the title

Many of those 3 letter company’s are totally useless and are only taking up space for valuable words.

1 Like

Throwing this in there because I haven’t seen it mentioned yet. PSA definitely does not want the term “PSA” to be equivalent to “graded” because it can open their IP up to becoming a generic trademark i.e Kleenex or BandAid. It makes sense they would then ask eBay to remove listings that called graded cards with “PSA” in the title when there are no PSA products being sold.

2 Likes

PSA 10?

3 Likes

Totally agree, PSA and sgc are just taking up space

4 Likes

Thank goodness! Im still getting annoyed that when I do a search for cards I keep getting a ton of garbage custom card/proxy listings too!

Youre right, but it makes me feel less bad about using one wrong one when i use many wrong ones

So now I have to take “GMA 10?” out of all my PSA listings?

6 Likes

Mystery Pokemon 10 card lot!!! PSA 10!? 1st edition!? Base set!? (Not Charizard)

1 Like

I hate CGC. They grade cards too harshly

3 Likes

Thank god. This can only be good for the buyer.

Is there a chance that PSA did this just because they also track sales data for cards they’ve graded? I’m sure it’s become a tedious process to filter out the raw, CGC, BGS, and GMA cards when they’re just trying to value cards for their SMR mag.

1 Like

Who shills sgc anyway? Oh wait

1 Like

I’m disappointed. This thread is a public service announcement. You had an incredible opportunity to put PSA: at the start of your listing title.

11 Likes

It’s funny because I’ve specifically been trying to buy CGC graded cards and the results are generally better but there are still people putting it in ungraded card titles and BGS/PSA graded ones.

Looking for PSA graded cards on eBay is a nightmare search-wise. I usually do something like “1st edition holo pokemon -“psa ready” -“psa 10?””

When CGC 10 >= PSA 10 and people still search for psa 10.

2 Likes

How will people know if something is PSA READY tho?

8 Likes

Not too long ago, I put “-ready” at the end of all my saved eBay searches lol. I’m not sure that I’ve ever seen an actually mint card with “PSA ready” in the title.

2 Likes

I understand that sellers add this to their listings to manipulate the search results, but is this anything more than a vacuous statement? Should I receive a prepaid PSA submission and shipping label with a “PSA ready” card?

1 Like