PSA 10 Set auction

How much did that auction on ‘Iconic auctions’ go for? The final price isn’t showing…

Final prices include buyers premium.: 106,168.68
Number Bids: 14

3 Likes

This is funny when thinking about the time Gary auctioned off his 5 sets several years ago. It never reached the reserve but it ended around 80-90k for 5 complete sets.

Damn was this linked anywhere? Never was on my radar (not as if I would have been bidding, but would have paid attention)

Link of final lot price for anyone looking to confirm.

iconicauctions.com/Gotta_Catch_Em_All__Complete_Original_First_Editio-LOT62869.aspx

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-auction-thread/22028/8408

2 Likes

I held that set earlier today in Chicago at the National Sports Card Convention. I met the guy who built it. It’s cool to put a face with a collector.

2 Likes

You’re right lol;)

1 Like

considering it’s gone up in value. What was the reserve of that auction?

The craziest thought for me is thinking that the 1st ed base boxes sold at some point for $90 each, and packs at $3-4. My heart rate increased just typing that information.

Even crazier, the packs of tobacco that included Honus Wagner were $0.05 each.

3 Likes

It’s crazY to think about all of it. My dad used to collect as a kid and so did I my grandma and grandpa. My grandma vividly recalls having comic books like the first spider Man and other stacks (she used to still have some but a family member stole it in the 90s) at her house when she was married. My great grandma threw away all the stuff at her house.

Few people realized how valuable this would all be. I get excited as well thinking about being around all these collectibles as a kid but putting more money into sports cards than Pokemon. Had we all know haha

I believe I put the reserve at 149,000.

Deal!!! uhh, can we get some crowdfunding to help out?

3 Likes