PSA 10 No Damage Ninetales?

Ancient thread? What about reviving an ancient poster?

3 Likes

Yes, it’s Angela Merkel

3 Likes

Would a Ninetales signed by Angela Merkel be more valuable than a Chansey signed by Princess Diana?

1 Like

Absolutely not!

Though I did see this on eBay today

Been thinking about it 8 years, every night before I go to sleep. It’s been a long and lonely time.

I’m alive !

4 Likes

I remember a 10 was sold by that coin grading guy if that was in 2016 wow time flies

2 Likes

Yep, I have the email conversation about it from April of 2017. The seller said it sold for $7000. I wish I could have bought it at the time.

1 Like

I had the counter offer pulled up debating the purchase. I thought he was taking advantage and pushing the price up against myself. We had no idea the European guy was breaking price records at the time.

I’ve since emailed the winner in 2018 or 2019. He reaffirmed there’s no desire to sell.

I’m more interested in this second 2012 copy. Could it be mistaken as the 2016 sale? I’ve only seen the one cert number.

2 Likes

For reference, a 9 just auctioned with PWCC for $7,500ish. Just for perspective of the growth over time.

Definitely not mistaken at my end. (although it could theoretically be the same card, that could have been sold to the seller who subsequently sold the one in 2016). All I can say is that one was on eBay, after I bought my PSA 8 copy in May 2011, and prior to 2013. I was out of the hobby from 2014 onward and definitely not following cards in 2016.

I reviewed my old eBay notification emails and cant find a date or a listing for it right now. Shame I didn’t capture a picture (or buy it!!).

There’s likely at least two because I think the cert on the 2016 one was 25xxxx or later.

1 Like

Yep was 100% a newly graded card (at the time)