Problems with new PSA slabs

So I graded some of my new-school trophy cards and all 4 move inside the PSA case. I know this has been a topic before with the old cases and I have some ither cards that move if you harshly shake the PSA case. But the newly graded cards move completely to the edge of the case even when slowly tilted (I can even hear the sound when the card stops on the side of the case). My pre 2003 trophy cards that are in the new PSA cases do not move around so easily.

IMO cards should be able to move but not like that. Anyone experienced the same? Is it only the newer japanese cards?

it definitely seems like it is the new back japanese cards. my old back and english cards in new cases seem to actually shake around less than in the previous few iterations

I prefer it when they move more in the case

1 Like

interesting, any reason why?

I’ts just satisfying. You cant touch the card when its in a psa case, the most you can do is feel the movement. It actually irritates the fuck out of me when there isnt any movement when i shake the slab

…how fun is it to damage the card this way :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

As long as your not using it to watch x rated movies you’ll be fine.

8 Likes

I remember reading somewhere @garyis2000 put one of the unsecured cards in a paint shaker for a significant amount of time, took it out and there was no noticeable damage to it.

Hopefully he can confirm!

1 Like

I too remember reading this, it’d be hilarious if there was video footage of this lol.

And on topic, a few of my pre 2003 cards move in the case too, i don’t think it has anything to do with that.

That would be really interesting if Gary could confirm.

So there is cards that move old and new back as well as old and new PSA cases. Does that mean the PSA cases are not always tightened the same?..

Found the thread with Gary’s comment:

www.elitefourum.com/t/psa-japanese-cards-dont-exactly-fit-in-case/16124/1

Great thanks!

It seems normal that a card moves up and down if you shake it hard but it’s in my opinion not good and normal if it the card completely slides up or down even when slowly tilted… :confused:

My Japanese Shining Magikarp shakes around a lot in the new case. It’s only annoying when handling it so not much of a problem. I think I still prefer the previous case though. :slightly_frowning_face:

Could this be related to how the cards were cut?

Edit: Picturing everyone shaking their psa cards made me think of this lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=264y9iDZtvY

2 Likes

Yes, that’s true years ago I delivered an order to a customer at a Sherwin-Williams or Home Depot or Lowe’s (can’t remember anymore). When I saw the paint mixer working I thought I’d love to wreck a card inside a PSA case then joke about getting a bad grade lol. So I asked if I could bring a card back and he said sure. I ran that card for minutes and was shocked you couldn’t even tell. The case got scratched up though lol.

1 Like

That’s actually super awesome. For the sake of science!

1st Base PSA 10 'Zard, right? xDDD

1 Like

Nah man it had to have been the BGS 10.