Problems shipping to Canada recently?

Has anyone else had problems with Canada lately? I have had a ton of problems with BC specifically. This might be different for other sellers as they might not have their mail enter Canada in BC. Just trying to see where the problem might be arising. Is it just Canada’s mail service in general or is just he one entry point backed up.

It has gotten so bad, as a Canadian, I am going to stop selling to Canada. No point selling when your not making money and unfortunately there is no tracking available to Canada unless you ship EMS, so a $20 shipping option.

To put the problem is perspective, I have had more problems shipping to Canada in the last 2 months than to the US all year.

What kind of problems?

First time I’ve heard of someone not shipping to their own country🤔

Just packages not being received. Part is because eBay’s delivery time for Canada is a week shorter than the US.

Of course, no one ever tells you when the package arrives very late after they get refunded. I have only had one guy do it, 3 months after I shipped it he said it arrived. I usually have no problem getting people to wait another week to be in line with the US, but still many problems.

I talked to someone else after creating this thread and found out another Japanese seller is having issues with Canada.

Guess I will just take a few month break and see how many more problems crop up. Maybe restart in the new year. This many problems now, holiday season seems like it would be a disaster and people get a lot more upset when presents don’t show up.

That’s strange… I shipped a card to Canada last month and it arrived very quickly (from Finland). I shipped to Canada again this week so hopefully there won’t be any delays. I’ll let you know how it goes but if I don’t receive any feedback or if the buyer doesn’t contact me at all I guess I can assume it did arrive, but we will see.

I’m from the US and sold a card right across the pond. Normally it is trackable from here to there but, the tracking never updated just said “In transit to Destination”. Buyer got impatient after 2 weeks and I just refunded after he claimed I was “ripping him off” and “Shipping was costly” even though I mention these things on my terms :slightly_frowning_face:, can’t win them all right?

I think its a sorting facility in bc. I’ve had packages delayed there for more than 3 months a couple times now.

What card was it?

I ship stuff to Canada all the time, First class with tracking is less than $10 for a couple of cards, the option is in paypal…

Never a issue with BC, but I live on the same coast. The Midwest and Eastern side do take a LONG Time to be delivered. Sometimes even longer than shipping to the UK.

I thought my brothers to the north were just sniveling over nothing so I spent some time looking up articles and reviews so I could tell you all to quit crying lol.
Well…go ahead and cry because apparently the government run Canada Post is a worldwide embarrassment. Several said the liberal government keeps throwing your tax dollars at it and it does nothing. Accomplishing nothing. Employees are useless and unpleasant. Per capita, there are more problems, especially late and lost packages, than anywhere in the world. At least with developed countries.
I saw many cries for privatizing it and keeping the “incompetent” government out of business.

I’m going to be sure to insure all packages going there from now on cause it’s scary.

This is just unbelievable. 0.6 rating? Out of 200 reviews? Their government is picking their pockets and so many would still like that asswipe Trudeau to wipe their asses too.

Canada Post Logo Canada Post reviews
Bad 0.6 from 0 - 10

204 reviews on Trustpilot
Not inviting
Rating distribution

Excellent 2%
Great 0%
Average 1%
Poor 2%
Bad 94%

www.trustpilot.com/review/www.canadapost.ca

My customer just received the packages today, well the one that was the message that finally made me say I am not going to sell to Canada anymore due to no affordable tracking from Japan. I might sell higher value items still, but has to be worth sending EMS.

I mailed the 2 packages on June 27/28 (14 hour time zone difference, so I might be off a day on each end, but only 1 day total) customer received them on August 10/11. So, 6 bloody weeks. I wish eBay would change the shipping time for Canada, they have Canada at 3 weeks and the US at 4. I guess the nice thing is they kept the packages together.

Sometimes I feel like using the shipping from China setting, they get an extra 2 weeks.

Higher priced items is key. For a couple years I listed nothing under 50.00usd and though a few cheaper items have crept in I still try to do the same. This was not only for shipping/insurance purposes but also I found when figuring time and effort and supplies were figured in anything under 50.00 wasn’t profitable.

It’s so strange how a 1st World, WELL developed country can run a postal service so badly. Liberal, conservative, or whatever run Government it is amazing that that can be so bad.

I, and others, bitch and moan about Auspost and how bad it is. The slowness and cost of shipping packages is ridiculous but at least they are very consistent with the actual delivery of the item.

An interesting mail fact:

“USPS is by far the largest service carrying almost half of the entire world’s mail”

Reply so I can follow the post.
I shipped out 4 different shipments to Canada in last 5 days. Let’s hope all goes well.

It was just a CP6 FA Korean Brock’s Grit. Was a new buyer though so, can’t really blame him for thinking “ALL SELLURZ WNTZ TU SCAMZ MEH!!1” xD

2 Likes

It’s delayed the other way around too, my cards bought from canada to US are delayed as well, something about the time of year and vacations during the June-July-Aug Months.

There have been some cut backs to the Canadian Post, so because of that they are currently in a stage of adjustment. The reorganization is underway but yes, it has been a bit slower lately. That and don’t forget it is summertime. A lot of people have holidays that they take and with cutbacks, they are working harder than ever to get our mail out. Remember that as an outsider looking in, there is always stuff you miss or don’t know :wink: