Price market on the "battle day promos" 395-397/SM-P

Hi E4, I’ve been eyeing out the battle day promos since they were given out in Japan. Specifically been looking to buy the Lillie promo. The first listings on ebay were around 900$, while the price looks like it’s at 500$ atm I am wondering if they’ll continue going down in price or if they’re going to start increasing. They don’t really seem that rare since ebay has like 60 Lillies listed, I thought only around 250 were given out so around 80 Lillies? Just looking for general price market/trend for cards like these, I mainly collect sealed so I am not too sure how the price trend is for new, but scarce cards like these.

They had just come out and the packs were still being given out when it was $900/lillie so it was bound to drop. Now that the events are done it shouldn’t drop as hard as it did from release. I don’t think actual numbers were given out but there are certainly more than 250.

1 Like

Note that for the “sealed” version you can tell which card is inside the pack if you shine a light through it. Don’t expect Lillie if you buy the sealed pack
Also in terms of price, no one can tell you what is going to happen. If I had to make a shot-in-the-dark guess, I’d expect it to continue to drop.

3 Likes

One thing I want to point out is that these cards look very similar to regular set cards, so I wonder if a lot of collectors will overlook them because they cost a premium but are not really distinguishable from their set card versions which cost a fraction of the price.
I theorize most collectors are not willing to pay premiums for these cards and this will drive the price down.

1 Like

They are different art, Japanese only and there are people who have full art trainer collections. Also, Japan loves Lillie.

1 Like

I’m aware of all that. I’m not saying my opinion is going to be right, just that if it was me buying these cards I would wait a bit. I don’t think they have the demand and I think the still have room to drop. Again not saying I can predict the future, just my take on it.

1 Like

Actually, they are also in the Chinese Dreams Come True Collection set, if you want a much cheaper option for the same artwork (the cheapest Chinese Lillie I could find on eBay is for example 134 USD). :wink: I think that’s also a contributing factor for a slight drop in price recently. Although I personally collect English and Japanese exclusive FA Supporters, and have these three cards at PSA hoping for some 10s (although with the current situation it will probably take another 5+ months before I see my cards back… :confused: ), so the other parts of your comment are correct.

I’ve also heard some rumors that most of the Extra Battle Day events were postponed due to the earthquakes at the time, and they were supposed to be held somewhere around now (which definitely are cancelled again due to the COVID19 virus… :unamused: ). Although I have no idea if these rumors are correct, so don’t quote me on it.

Greetz,
Quuador

did you end up buying one?

Do you guys think these could get a release in this years English special set? (Hidden Fates follow up)

I know it’s a long time since you asked, but ended up getting one from ebay I think. Seller is away though so it’s not confirmed yet. Bought it 2 days ago, but I really hope he sells it as the prices on ebay are at 2k and I really want to get one for 1k or under. I saw you’ve been looking for a psa 10 one here and on reddit if I am not mistaken, had any luck with that yet? Are you looking for multiple copies or only one? If you still know somewhere to get one for 1k or less I’d appreciate it.