Price check - Charizard jumbo with signature/sketched

Yes, I know, it is what a buyer is willing to pay, but since i could not find any sales, i have no idea. What is realistic?

1 Like

I think a reasonable price would be $2,000.

I thought this was crazy but it doesn’t seem far off from sold listings. The way I would calculate is to just look at the base price of the card and estimate the value of the auto/sketch using comparable listings.

From the perspective of a buyer that is grossly overvalued. $200 can get you the card and pay for grading. The other $1800 can basically take you anywhere in the world and get your own copy + maybe another 1-5 cards signed for yourself the next time he signs. Plus you get to actually meet and support the artist, meet other collectors and the card itself becomes 100x more personally significant

2 Likes

Time is money my young bunny friend, a weekend trip is time I can be making that bag :moneybag:

1 Like

There are so many Arita-signed Charizards out there, yet they continue to fetch top dollar. :melting_face:

All I can say is that getting an auto done in person is way more valuable in terms of experience and personal satisfaction. If you’ve never experienced it, you just have to trust me

So in this case you’d be paying ~ 1k more than you need to for an inferior item

4 Likes

I will say I’m the resident expert on this card in particular, (bold claim) because I have bought several and graded them to get the elusive PSA 10. They are generally beat to hell. I have one of the 3 PSA 9 and it took a while to get that. It’s the cleanest one I’ve ever seen, I don’t know how there can be a 10 honestly, which makes sense given that there are none. That being said, there are only a couple of autographed and sketched jumbos… I think maybe even 1?

I would say it’s worth 1k-2k. The range is based on how limited the buyers are for the jumbo, it’s not well known and still people don’t understand how hard it is to grade. Yes, you can go buy one on eBay and get it signed yourself. If I remember correctly one of the other auto cards with a sketch is graded pretty high. So if the condition matters to you, then I think that’s where the value lies.

I’ve got this jumbo and I honestly can’t wait to meet Arita and get it signed & sketched; it always seems weird looking at the price people will pay for these, I’d much rather have the experience myself!

1 Like