Price Check 1st Ed Base Y.Cheek Pika Grey Stamp

Got one of these in an Excellent condition. No bends or creases and clean front, but back has some whitening, that I put in the excellent to Near Mint range by PSA standards.

Does being a grey stamp on a Yellow Cheeks pika make this more valuable? Not sure how scarce it is…

Thoughts on price? Might be selling since I have a NM/M standard 1st ed one.

There’s quite a few yellow cheekers around, I have some in PSA 10, but the Red Cheeks are super rare (no, I’m not selling mine lol)
I haven’t seen one like your condition sell so hard to price.

1 Like

The base fat Pika is an absolute classic. A high grade grey stamp is certainly rare and valuable.

@garyis2000, Thanks Gary. What would you price a Near Mint one at? That way I know to go lower than that at least if I decide to throw down.

Near Mint 8 is prob $150 at the high end.

I’ve sold 10s between $300 & $450 depending on how grey the stamp was. Both of those were to the same buyer.

1 Like

@joer,

Maybe 100.00?

1 Like

LP-EX copies ungraded sell for around 40-60 USD (I see them very often for sale for 75 USD, but mostly unsold). If it’s PSA-9/10 NM quality, I’d say grade it to get that grade, and it could get between 200-400 USD depending on whether it’s a 9 or 10, and how grey the stamp is.

Grey stamps Red Cheeks Pikachus I’ve never even seen before, and I’ve only heard Gary mention them. I wouldn’t mind paying 400 USD ungraded for one even if it’s heavy played, although like with (almost) all of the Pikachus I’m still missing in my collection, the price isn’t really the issue. It’s actually finding them… :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes