Possible Scam WTF

So I received this Pokemon card: “POKEMON CARD*McDONALD MEW 085/PCG-P PROMO GLOSSY 2005 NEW*JAPANESE” Right? The seller sold it to me 12.09 after I lost my bid (second chance offer) so I gave the seller the benefit of a doubt, right? So its 9 dollars shipping on my bid and I get the card with 7 creases in it because it was just stuck in a standard envelope.

But is this card a fake? Because when I turn around right after receiving my item I see this: ttp://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-CARD-McDONALD-MEW-085-PCG-P-PROMO-GLOSSY-2005-NEW-JAPANESE-/110928188389?_trksid=p4340.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D13%26meid%3D1158802889417877522%26pid%3D100012%26prg%3D1014%26rk%3D1%26

Exact same picture exact same description. When I told the seller that their shipping was outrageous I never got a post back and now I’m not sure how to tell if my card is legit or not because it feels like one of the vending cards or sunset mew but with the chances of seeing this same card back to back from this seller… I am not sure what to look for anymore.

I feel robbed but I don’t want to. I asked for 10 dollars of my money back…

Did I do the right thing?

This is a warning to anyone else looking at this seller too.

I forgot to mention I am not sure if it was shipped creased or was new and creased in the mailer because of poor packaging. Also asked for 15 back since I spent 21.

I would have asked for a full refund. The card didn’t match the description = full refund. That’s how I always do it on eBay. You might have to send the card back, but it’s better than being stuck with a crappy card.

Well apparently they don’t accept returns, but if they don’t respond by the end of the day I’ll ask for a full refund (I think I told them that in my note) because I was going to try and be the nice person…but I don’t think that’s going to fly with this seller. They should have packed it better if they want to claim it was new when they shipped it… 9 dollars shipping? If I didn’t need that card so damn much I would have just called them out on that.

If they don’t accept returns, open a case. I’m sure eBay will follow through. They’re much better for buyers then they are sellers…

Yeah it’s pretty crazy that they charged that much and just stuck it in an envelope. Even though they’re from Japan, it doesn’t cost $9 to send a letter.

Ya definitely open a case, you should be able to get a refund by saying the item was not as described (the description said new and it definitely wasn’t new). The second chance offers are supposed to be the exact same item, same condition. I’m in the process of moving right now so all my cards are packed, but I could definitely offer you the same card (slightly used) for probably $5, but you’ll have to wait a few weeks.

Oh my goodness. I’m working on moving too. I can afford the 5 dollars, but put it with the other card I want and when I finish paying you off you can send both.

Yeah it shouldn’t be and I opened a case today so let’s see how long it’ll take them to do this.

UPDATE

So I finally got Ebay involved as you all have suggested and it took a while and there is still no conclusion. They had responded with this:

“I am sorry very much. When having sent the single card in large quantities before, any number of sheets were set to 9$. A card is an intact new old stock of the 2005 issue. It was improper. Although I feel sorry, is it useless in a half?”

I explained to them earlier about the poor, expensive shipping and I had responded essentially telling them that I am out 21 dollars cause no one will take the card like that and let that be a lesson learned on shipping. I am waiting to hear back. (it took nearly a week for them to respond to ANYTHING)