PokemonTrader:// Treasure Trove (Updated November 17th 2017)

As I said they arnt selling or trading anymore Michael was very lucky xD

1 Like

Yeah :blush: It pays to actually to know how to converse in Japanese :stuck_out_tongue:

Do the pair of you have the same cards or has one managed to get a card the other hasn’t and vice-versa?

1 Like

We have the same 11 (: We both got them at different times though. @espeon1993 got her Goomy and Spacechu before me. I got my Gourgeist first though :wink:

1 Like

Getting more than a couple is in itself a tremendous achievement. I’m quite excited to see if the Mew and Kyogre become unearthed at some point. Good luck to you and @espeon1993 on the rest!

3 Likes

I havnt ever seem your collection thread (ಥ_ಥ)

1 Like

@smpratte

Well said.

2 Likes

He wanted to be tagged on my collection thread :rofl:

1 Like

I’m home for Thanksgiving and there was a parcel waiting for me. Inside was Rhivern’s Pikachu.
I’m super excited that now I officially own more than 50% of the Art Academy Cards! :blush:

If anyone knows of someone selling one I do not have, please let me know :heart_eyes:
Special thanks for @funmonkey54 for helping me obtain the Rhivern Pikachu!

Also note that the cards themselves aren’t signed, it is their sleeves.

11 Likes

Dayum… I’m so jelly for those 6 Pikachu Cards… I already consider myself lucky to own one.

Just out of curiosity, what do you pay on average for these currently? I’ve been in contact with one of the Pikachu sellers, but 750 USD was a bit too much for me unfortunately… If it would have been one of the last 5 Pikachu cards I needed I might have considered it, but since there are still 150+ other Pikachu cards I need and have already spend way too much lately I really can’t spend that amount of money. (I’m glad I don’t collect PSA-10 Charizards with their individual 2.5k+ prices… xD)

Greetz,
Quuador

Wow! speechless

Which Pikachu seller is asking $750 USD? I haven’t paid nearly that for any of these cards :blush: I don’t remember what I’ve paid for each of them separately but together I’ve spent a large sum!

Thank you very much :blush:

Amelia (Meli), the one that made the Chef Pikachu. She send some off to PSA and only because they are now PSA-10 she’s asking 750 USD… I’m pretty sure that if everyone that has an Art Academy card would send them to PSA, most would return PSA 10 or 9 anyway… I offered 375 as my max, even for an ungraded one, but she refused… :sob:

And as for all the others, no idea how to contact them… Could you perhaps PM the contacts of some of them? Maybe someone else is willing to accept 375…

Greetz,
Quuador

Meli is a really close friend with me now ^^
She was repulsed by the number of people who lied to her after her initial selling. She limited it to 1-2 per person with a strict pricetag. When she saw people selling them for more on ebay she said enough was enough and if they could charge that and get sales, she could. So unfortunately I doubt she’ll sell for less now.

I stated before that I will not be helping other people find these cards because it takes a lot of time and energy to find them. Especially now that most of them aren’t selling, I just want to make sure that I don’t bother them with others asking them. That being said, I’m sure a few of the other pikachus are willing to take that and run LOL. You just need to find them :wink:

1 Like

Tbh, I highly doubt it… :sweat: Maybe more than a year ago, but now?..
Meli is currently asking 750; Lily-Chan was already asking 550 back in September 2015, so I can’t even imagine what her current price is. I’ve been able to get the one from F. Fujishima for 300 which I’m very glad for. And I offered 375 for the Orange Raincoat one that was on eBay last week, but someone used the Buyout option of 1000 USD within a day… So yeah, I have little hopes to find them for 375 or less, since the price is only raising and raising.

I have the money, but since I don’t have my own apartment nor car yet, I can’t go spending multiple k’s on these 12 cards. I already spend quite a bit on the rest of my Pikachu Card Collection.

Anyway, good luck with your own search. If you ever find the Pikachu Emotions one please please let me know. That’s my favorite of all of them, and I’m willing to go the extra mile to buy it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

I’ve spoken to that winner and they aren’t interested in selling. Similar to the other orange raincoat chu (which is probably why when @noodles listed it, it was gone so fast). I hope you can find them sooner than later! D:

Hello! I was the one who bought the other raincoat pikachu from noodles. You can see the card on my Instagram -

https://instagram.com/p/BLRum1jAHOG

I didn’t use the buy it now option though. I contacted him previously about certain items and I really wanted this for my art academy collection so we worked out a deal. I won’t say how much I paid but it was considerably less than the goomy illustrator card I paid for which was sold on YJ a few months back. Seeing as this illustrator would not be selling or trading in the near future from what I was aware of, I knew I had to snap it up.

1 Like

Nice one :blush:

2 Likes

I’m super jealous. I didn’t see that card on ebay until it was too late :slightly_frowning_face: That’s okay though! I’m sure that more will crop up soon!

1 Like