PokemonEnvy's Collection

The issue that I am having is that I see the boxes sell for a good amount sealed and I see graded cards within the box sell for as much or more than the box itself. So I was just wondering if some people with more experience than me think graded cards are always a better bet than keeping them sealed in their packages.

Cool stuff you got here as well!

1 Like

Posted some graded base set cards, more to come soon :blush:

1 Like

2 Likes

FINALLY found one :blush:

2 Likes

This Half Deck set was conceived to introduce youngsters to the TCG, and includes a step-by-step introduction video with full explanations of how to play the game, as well as play demonstrations. The cards included in the set are predominantly a mixture of those from the Expansion Pack and the Vending Machine collection. Some cards from the first Neo expansion, Gold, Silver, to a New World… are also included several months before the general release of the expansion. There are also a number of exclusive cards with newly created character art.

Despite the fact that numbering systems were not fully introduced until Base Expansion Pack, these cards have their own system. Instead of displaying the numbers ##/## as with all English expansions and later Japanese expansions, these cards have a number inside a circle. Those found in the Bulbasaur Deck have a white number in a black circle, while the cards in the Squirtle Deck have a black number in a white circle. The only exceptions to this are the two Holofoil cards Venusaur and Blastoise, which have no number.

*This set is more colloquially known as the Video Intro Set, due to the inclusion of the introduction video. This is the only TCG product to include a video cassette, with later introductory products including either CD-ROMs or DVDs.

*The introduction video is presented by Thane Camus, who was a popular TV personality in Japan at the time.

*None of the cards have Rarity symbols (as is the case with the majority of Japanese cards from fixed sets), making the reprinted cards much more valuable than their normal counterparts.

2 Likes

So are the venusaur and blastoise cards indistinguishable from the base set no rarity ones? If not, what is different?

The Venusaur and Blastoise arts are based off the Japanese CD promo cards, not the base set. Not to mention they have the small Squirtle/Venusaur set symbol.

Ah ok, thanks.

Nice Collection, Keep going :blush:

A couple of new additons to my attempt at collecting all 9-card binders in PSA-10’s

4 Likes

Ohhh unique, I like this! :blush:

But I do with PSA would do something other then “promo” for it lol

Atleast binder promo or something

I was thinking the same thing, but they are technically promo cards, just lack the promo symbol. Promo cards also always lack the rarity symbol, so it is technically still accurate :blush:.

A few more 1st edition Base Set cards uploaded…

5 Likes