Pokémon Trade Please! Promo... Front or Back?

The Japanese Promo Trade Please! is one of my favorite cards. It’s got everything. Unique (and very obscure/traumatizing) artwork, limited and very interesting release, and a never-before-seen holo foil on the back of the card. When people see this card they probably prefer either the strangeness of the front of the side, or the uniqueness of the back of the card. I am curious…

Do you like the front of the card or the back of the card better?

I would love to hear your reasonings in the comments!
(I will defer my opinion for now as to not sway the votes :stuck_out_tongue: )

9 Likes

#holobackgirl

20 Likes

Gonna have to say back. The front is very cool and unique, but the back more even more uniquerer

1 Like

I love this card, one of the few I don’t let plan to let leave my collection.

It would have been really cool if they had the purple in the art be holo or something like that too.

1 Like

The artwork is super nice, but by far not the only vintage Japanese promo with crazy, wacky design.
The main selling point is the back, no doubt about it. The front could be completely blank and it would still be a classic. How could you celebrate the beautiful iconic old backs any better than by making one entirely holographic?

2 Likes

The front reminds me of that animated show, Home Movies. So, back.

2 Likes

I really like the front, because I feel like weepinbell with that face lol, I like the back but weepinbell just… takes the cake

3 Likes

The back was a gateway drug. After noticing it the front was even more awesome.

So I just like the whole thing haha.

I have one of these coming from Japan in a few days alongside a lot of other buyee stuff… it’s gonna be a good mail day.

1 Like

It’s a fantastic card but the holo back is what really sucks you in at first. It then introduces you to the weird charm that is the rest of the card. Truly a one of a kind card.

If I chose to display one, I’d have it on one of those revolving wheels.

8 Likes

Back all day, as I don’t really want to see 2 aliens swapping squished Pokémon

1 Like

As one of 2 cards with a Holo back and it’s cosmos I have to say the back is the best part. It’s why I instantly bought one a few months ago when I saw it for the first time during a PWCC block.

2 Likes

Can it be both?

Stop making me pick such hard things!

I picked the front because I’m an angsty rebel! REPRESENT!

1 Like

Dude… Both the front and back make this card unique. But the front has way more character than the back.

Only answer is to get two and put them front and back beside each other.

3 Likes

Back, unique card, nothing like it. No brainer IMO

1 Like

Really cool idea, and one I plan to copy :grin:

Just have to figure out where to find one

1 Like

Lucky for you, I had already looked at this option a few times.

You can find a few different iterations for motorized revolving display stands, but I found this one that comes in both black and white:

www.amazon.com/JAYEGT-Motorized-Rotating-Turntable-Photography/dp/B08K2QTZVL/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=revolving+display+stand+motorized&qid=1614358819&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE1UVlGMjlHQ1ZUVlkmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4ODY2NjEyODJBUjE0T040U1BWJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMDU2OTMySDA5WEhCMEFFV0hKJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

And then this one which is slight wider but looks a bit more fancy:

www.amazon.com/Motorized-Photography-Newerpoint-Turntable-Automatic/dp/B0756ZQX42/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=revolving+display+stand+motorized&qid=1614358819&sr=8-10

I couldn’t find anything smaller, but I’m positive there has to be more options than these two so it wouldn’t hurt to search yourself. Good luck and feel free to update us on the results if you go with that idea!

I don’t have mine graded yet, but I think the white one in the first link would look good with one of those acrylic graded card stands

There are some cool 3" ones on eBay with LEDs in the base, but they’re multi-colored. If it was only white LED I would insta buy lol

I bought one way back for its shimmering and sexy back. Love the uniqueness!

1 Like

Picasso is the artist for this card? seems like it

1 Like

I have this card in my binder with the back on display lmao

4 Likes