Pokemon TCG Base Set UK ©1999-2000 Wizards

From my experience all the theme decks that are 1999-2000, and by theme decks I mean overgrowth, zap, blackout and brushfire, will have 1999-2000 holographic cards. So yes those cards will be more common, though it’s hard to get a hold of the theme decks to get near mint to mint copies.

Regarding the premium, I sold a PSA 9 mewtwo for £175 shipped, which I think it’s quite the premium when you compare to the unlimited version. This was this month btw.

Base 2000 difference is indeed small, but not as minute as Aplha and Beta magic cards which are distinct on the magic player/collector world.

1 Like

Brilliant post :slight_smile:

So, Styluspt, would that mean the 1999-2000 Machamp is the rarest theme deck holographic card then? Possibly even rarer in the same lines of the Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Chansey, Clefairy etc

I don’t think so, I think there are way more Machamps than any of the other 1999-2000 holo cards. They are easier to find here in Europe :blush:

1 Like

Perhaps it was a bit much to suggest that they were rarer than Charizard etc, true; but surely if Gyarados, Mewtwo, Ninetales and Hitmonchan are always 1999-2000 in their respective theme decks, and yet an unknown population of Machamp within the starter deck are either 1999 or 1999-2000, then wouldn’t it add any credence to that notion - the rarest theme deck holographic?

Not if they sold way more starter decks than theme decks which is almost certainly the case. Everyone and their dog had a starter deck Machamp in '99. The evidence is still present as every old collection for sale has a Machamp or 2 in it.

Rattle heyyyy :blush:

You’re right it’s conjecture until we officially know how many starter decks were published and of those decks: what the probability of obtaining a 1999-2000 Machamp or a 1999 Machamp was.

Hey!

I’ve been hunting down a binder set of these for about 8 months now… asking literally everyone I can if they have any hidden in their bulk (I get the odd find here or there).

Most tend to come from UK sellers or mis titled cards on Ebay.

Theme deck cards… mewtwo, hitmonchan, ninetales, garyados tend to pop up the most.

As for pricing anything outside of PSA 9 quality seems to hold minimal additional value compared to the regular unlimited cards. Most people dont know or care about these at all… Just my 2 cents from what I’ve experienced*

PS **If anyone needs cards I have tons of extra common and uncommons

1 Like

I got my Charizard :blush:

6 Likes

I managed to snag Ninetails, Chansey, Nidoking (very rare to find), and Raichu all in EX/NM all for £22.90/$28.05

6 Likes