Pokemon Sword & Shield will release on...

TPCi has released the last four games on the third Friday in November.
ORAS - Friday, November 21, 2014
SM - Friday, November 18, 2016
USUM - Friday, November 17, 2017
LGPLGE - Friday, November 16, 2018

Sword & Shield will release on Friday, November 15, 2019
imgur.com/hWJHJaX

7 Likes

Is this so they can advertise more than a game a year? Lol

Don’t forget to check out the 15 minute Pokemon direct tomorrow, 6/5 at 6 AM PT.

I really hope we get to see some cool new legendary Pokemon!

4 Likes

I’m stoked for this release! I’m probably going to take that Friday off and go on a sword and shield bender! I hope they have a new shiny hunting method or something

You are a God…

Mjisaacs

Pattern recognition ftw. Nice job, OP :sunglasses::+1:t2:

1 Like
1 Like

So we’ll probably be getting Dynamax Pokémon as Ultra Rares in the Sword & Shield TCG block?
Sadly I think they’re guaranteed to be computer generated graphics by the way they look

The return of legend style multi-cards!

1 Like

Not gonna lie: I’m not feeling the Dynamax feature at all.

1 Like

same to be honest.
just feels really lazy…
i’d rather have no gimmick than this haha.

1 Like

Yeah this just feels like a half-hearted attempt to replace Megas.

I felt Z-Moves were pretty cheesy in S&M, but this feels even worse.

Let’s be realistic about Dynamax, just for a second.

We’ve had a sub 5 minute introduction to it that hasn’t given us back story or any kind of intricate detail on what the function does.

My initial impressions were this feature is more tailored to the raid style of things and that’s one sure way to increase the difficulty.

Players everywhere have been complaining about the difficulty for the games and to be fair, if this makes battles harder, I’m all for it. There’s likely more explanation coming in the next 5 months before release and we still know nothing official about ‘Gigantimax’ which was mentioned by the leaker (who made an astonishing amount of proven claims) dated 23rd of May.

These games look fantastic so far!!! Kudos to OP for identifying the trend in release dates =)

Zacian and Zamazenta don’t exactly roll off the tongue, but I definitely like their designs! Concerning the Dynamax and Gigantimax features, they really remind me of another nostalgic TV show from my youth, namely Power Rangers. I most certainly like the advent of raid-like content in Pokémon seeing I’m always up for a challenge. The overworld looks amazing, the characters feel very warm and pleasant and I honestly can’t wait to play these games!

1 Like

Just think Cyan and Magenta like the colors of each game logo

3 Likes

Holy crap. I think you hit the nail on the head there. I don’t natively speak English, but that reasoning makes a heck of a lot of sense!

It seemed pretty clear to me.

It is used in key battles (like Gym battles and Raids; not random Trainer battles). Once during the battle, you can choose to Dynamax a Pokemon, giving it power boosts and supersizing it. It lasts for three turns.

It’s really not much different from Megas or Z-Moves with the exception that you can’t use it against Youngster Joeys. I don’t really see how it will make the game more difficult, to be honest.

1 Like

Alright well I’ll just keep running with the fact we don’t have all the info yet…

Or they’re only released as jumbo cards! :grin:

I mean, we definitely have enough to know exactly how it’s going to work, but alright.