Pokemon Shogakukan Stamps (1997 - 2006)

Pokemon Shogakukan stamps
sites.google.com/view/pokemonstamps/home

Hi everyone!
I made a webpage to document all information on the pokemon stamps released by Shogakukan.
These stamp sheets are some of my favourite vintage pokemon items to collect but i noticed it is very difficult to find info on them. I put in a lot of effort to make a nice overview on this webpage. I hope you enjoy!
Feel free to contact me to contribute or point out mistakes! (instagram: nostalgia_provider)

A few examples:

26 Likes

Okay… So I knew you were recently working on this but I had NO idea you were THIS close to having it completed. Wonderful resource! Also showed some of the 2002 ones I didn’t know existed, so thank you for giving me new things to hunt down! Fascinating info regarding the membership cards - I had always wondered why some of the loose sheets I got had the bottom portion cut out in the middle.

By chance do you plan to add in photos of the back/front covers of the magazines each set was featured in? And how complete is this? I only noticed you missing the Gym Leaders sheet but don’t know enough about them as a whole to know what else you might be missing.

Thank you again, @pokegasm!

2 Likes

Thanks for the appreciation! you’re very welcome and i’m glad this can be useful to you!
Do you have a picture of the gym leader sheets you think i’m missing? or a description of them? I’m not sure which ones you’re referring to. I would love to add them if i forgot about them.

I would also like to add more specific information about all releases and pictures of their magazines would be nice. I personally don’t collect the whole magazines so that might be something for the far future. Other than maybe some of the mini gum sheets i don’t think i’m missing any (that i know).

1 Like

I do! It actually comes from the same 1998 Poster you mentioned from your “extras” section:

And sorry, I meant Elite 4, not Gym Leaders. Here’s my picture (feel free to use it if you’d like):

2 Likes

@pokegasm This is an amazing compilation of information. Thank you for all of the hard work!

3 Likes

Superb website! Thank you so much for putting it together!

3 Likes

Dude this is amazing! Thanks so much, this is incredibly helpful for all of us who collect the stamps, and has helped me remember a few I am missing!

Cheers, @pokegasm!

2 Likes

In the late 1990s, Shogakukan also produced enamel pins based on the postage stamps. This is the brochure for the pins and related items.

4 Likes

Thanks! but the elite four sheet is definitely in there already :blush: Have a look under “1997” (general, not one of the '97 sets).

Thank you! I actually have quite a few of these but i didn’t put them in yet because they’re technically not stamps :blush:
But eventually i do want to add pictures of all different packs they came in under the “extra” section perhaps.

@pokegasm, ah I see. I didn’t realize you could click on the years themselves if they had a drop down menu. Thanks for the clarification!

2 Likes

Yes, I figured that was the case. If you do add the pins, the “extra” section is definitely the place I’d expect to find them.

1 Like

Awesome info thank you for sharing! Also the site layout is amazing

1 Like