Pokemon Power Reserve & Water Blast Mini Deck

Hi all, I came into position of a double sealed (cards sealed as well as the the deck case) Water Blast mini deck and opened Power Reserve & Water Blast mini decks a few years back.

I’ve found precious little information on these and it appears there’s no consensus on their origin outside of potentially being used at an obscure WoTC demonstration event to show the public how the game is to be played but there’s no concrete evidence of this.

I’m wondering if there’s any further information that others may have as well as to help understand the potential value of these decks.

To get the ball rolling regarding information I acquired these through a Facebook marketplace advert with the seller unaware of their origin and how the previous seller had acquired them either. Not great information I know but the source is often a good place to start!

I’m happy to answer any questions for those looking to garner more information on these unusual mini decks so let me know

2 Likes

This thread might be helpful

4 Likes

Always amazing to see these pop up. Congrats on finding both in good condition. As is said in the other thread that pfm linked, there has not been a verified source for them but the cards are no different from unlimited printings found in the decks and packs.

1 Like

There’s been no new info on them that I’ve seen and I’ve looked far and wide and unfortunately never any confirmed origin.

That thread Lyberr referenced (that I started) has the most info you’ll find in one place as it contains all the other threads from the past about it.

I asked Scott during a Patreon Q&A, Gem Mint pokemon and Rusty all recently and they don’t know.

I’ve reached out to a former WOTC employee who sent the pics to someone in distribution back in the day and even he doesn’t know except that made they were used during the 99’ mall tours

I think they were from a UK distribution center, used for what purpose I have no idea. But they are have the same exact inner deck boxes as the UK 4th print theme deck. Only difference is that basic label slapped on the front. See here what I mean: Pokemon Overgrowth theme deck. Read description. Rare UK 4th print (1999-2000). | eBay

Maybe one during of the mall tours, a few employees slapped on a sticker to try them out and then never used again, who knows. If it’s a prototype, it seems like a really lazy attempt. Not something planned out like the trainer deck A and B and demo packs.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply. I didn’t want to start up an old thread as some people get a bit tetchy about that!

Really appreciate the information on this. I’m based in the UK and looking to attend some events for the first time so will bring my mini decks along and see if I can’t get anymore information on these!

Will reply back to your thread if I find out anything new.

1 Like