Pokemon Movies Tier List Maker

You already know the concept!

Here is my tierlist, I added a row for the movies I haven’t seen:

Here, you can make your own tierlist. I can’t wait to see what you choose :saluting_face:

5 Likes

There is no F tier for the Shaymin movie.

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t have the highest opinion of most Pokémon movies…

1 Like

The list is missing this guy :skull_and_crossbones: Probably A tier

giovanni/sakaki | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumpik

2 Likes

The first 3 are classics in my opinion. They started to really fall off for me after The Rise of Darkrai but have been improving as of recently starting with I Choose You.

2 Likes

Great idea! I love Pokémon movies. They have such a magical feel, really nothing quite like them. They make me feel like a kid watching them again. I’m happy to see some love for Lucario and the Mystery of Mew!

2 Likes

Anyone who puts Pokemon the Movie 2000 and Destiny Deoxys below A rank is simply wrong.

3 Likes

This man gets it :ok_hand:

1 Like

So glad the Pokémon Movie 2000 is getting the love, watched the loving shit out of that on VHS. Made me feel so Pokemon-y as a kid.

You forgot two of the movies (the CGI remake of the first and Koko), so I’ve added them myself. :slight_smile:
My favorite Pokémon movie will always be the second one.
There is defintely some variation between the movies of row B (and for row A as well actually), as in some were a lot better than others despite being on the same row in my tier list above. But I didn’t disliked any of them.

Row C are the Pokémon movies I kinda disliked thus far.
As for D (which is actually a ‘never seen except for the first 10 minutes’): the two Black & White movies are basically almost the same, except one is with Reshiram and one with Zekrom. I think there are some very minor other differences, but after I had finished one of the movies and immediately after tried to watch the other only to see the exact same scenes, I didn’t bother continuing it. Since it’s been a few years ago, I might try and watch the Pokémon White movie in the near future perhaps. :thinking:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

3 Likes

I’d definitely recommend those you haven’t seen, many of them are bangers. Especially in your case Rise of Darkrai and Giratina as Arceus ties back to both of them.

1 Like

I want to be hated.

There’s no S tier talking to pokemon movies (nor is even A).

B tier is basically nostalgia. Except detective pikachu. That movie is a bad movie but also answer the question “can Ryan Reynolds carry an entire movie on his shoulder?”
Well, the answer is actually “depends by the character written for him. Deadpool? Hell yes. Pikachu? Hell no.” but he still managed to do something here. He deserve his righteus credit.

B+ is made only for the Mewtwo remake. I hate the graphic (even if now Ash actually look like a ten years old and not… some sort of frog?) but the change in dialogues? Let just spend ONE word for it: they gave a little bit of justice to the original Myūtsū no Gyakushū by Takeshi Shudō.
They deserve it for having tried.

C tier is where nostalgia couldn’t defend bad movies.

Never seen tier movies: I don’t think I’m gonna watch them ever.

1 Like

Nostalgia hit me so hard.

1 Like

Welcome!

I pretty much agree with your tier list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I just watched 2000 last night :upside_down_face:

2 Likes