Pokémon Go users on here?

Normally there’s only one community day a month, but the Dratini day is a “community day classic” because Dratini already had its original community day in 2018. It’s the third “classic” this year, each classic doesn’t interfere with the normal monthly CD, and this is the first year they introduced them. So, I’m not sure how many CD classics will be next year, but there will definitely be 12 regular CDs next year as per usual.

3 Likes

Ahhh! Okay that makes sense. It definitely helps the people that join late. I’m REALLY glad I’m joining in right now then. Not missing too much as it seems. Thanks for the info, being new, it really helps a lot!

2 Likes

I used to play a LOT of POGO with friends from 2016 up until a year or two ago. I remember being able to do stuff like download a modded version of the game with a joystick (and NEVER being banned for it). My friends stopped playing, so I stopped being a regular player and then completely lost interest in the game when Niantic decided it would be a good idea to remove the pandemic bonuses (like increased pokestop range, etc) and just general frustration with the game.

How is the game nowadays? I take it Niantic didn’t go through with these dumbass changes right? Though it IS Niantic, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did…

2 Likes

I’ll throw my code into the mix too, 9748 3146 7547

2 Likes

Figured I’d redownload it and give it another try. Haven’t played it since college since no one does raid battles where I live.

1764 0447 9023

3 Likes

Yeah that seems to be an issue for sure. I guess just save up those poke coins and buy into the remote raid passes. I plan to do that once I increase my storage space sufficiently. Do you at least have gyms nearby?

2 Likes

I do. Have like quite a bit of gyms. Guess it’s time for my dog to learn about new parts of the neighborhood.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m playing! Got back into it like late 2018 and play a decent amount now.

4971 0325 4370

4 Likes

I still play! :slight_smile: I am active as long as I am in the city although some weekends we go to visit family who don’t have any stops near them lol. I did take a break during covid so I am still missing some stuff. I like to send interesting gifts with fun stickers!

My friend code is 8449 0732 7496 if you’d like to add me!

2 Likes

I am not sure what the ranges were like beforehand, so I can’t really speak for them. I imagine the game was really tough to continue during the peak of covid. Or it gave people something to latch onto potentially. So long as you were playing in an isolated area.

I’m enjoying the game for now. It’s not perfect, but it does what it needs to do most of the time. Can’t really complain. I imagine it’s leagues better than the original version ages ago.

2 Likes

I play off and on still. They’ve added a lot of cool features in the last year or two.

1800 5041 0426

1 Like

They turned off the pandemic bonuses for a little while and then turned (at least) some of them back on since there were a lot of unexpected benefits for disabled people, kids who can’t cross the road, etc. You used to have to be way closer to a Pokestop, now you can be 10+ ft away or so.

The incense time (when not moving a lot) also used to be way shorter between spawns, they increased it from like 1 min to 4 min or so. I think they sometimes bring it back down but not been as good as it used to.

COVID was actually a pretty good time for Pokemon Go with the bonuses. They had a good # of events and added the remote raid passes, plus the old incense time made it easy to do Community Days from home, etc. Just depends on how many spawns you get at home and how close you are to PokeStops so you can keep getting Poke Balls.

4 Likes

I’ll throw my FC on here as I do play daily and I invite to raids if people want to raid.

1 Like

I’ll happily join you whenever I get my inventory space figured out and have coins remaining for remote raid passes :persevere:

1 Like

Depending on the week sometimes I’ll play every day but sometimes just on weekends. If people want to add me though my trainer code is: 7965 8887 2117

2 Likes

Wooo! Got my first shiny legendary on the game! I love giratina! Tried using leekduck to match with people globally using the remote raid pass, that’s pretty helpful for sure! Not amazing IV’s, but who cares, in my opinion. Still dope!

9 Likes

Congrats! Never had a shiny legendary from a raid, but do have a Lugia and Kyogre from when legendries were available from the weekly research breakthroughs.

2 Likes

Thanks! Their chances aren’t crazy low, 1/20, but I think it still takes a concerted effort to get a shiny. How long ago was that? Is it the same kind of research as the mew I just caught today?

1 Like

Congrats! I remember how happy i was getting shiny green Groudon as my first.

2 Likes

Yeah like I always do the 5 star raids whenever they change them around but still yet to get one.
They’re both from 2019 and they were from the weekly research breakthrough (The one that is currently Shedinja).

2 Likes