Pokemon game

So, I’m new to the gaming part of Pokémon, so you see how new I am, the last 2 games from Pokémon that I’ve played is Pokémon Stadium many years back lol & the Pokémon app game. I’ve heard of the new Arceus game & saw gameplay, but…

Is there a Pokémon game that is open world (or somewhat close to it) with ONLINE features where others join you & walk around, etc etc. Can’t seem to find a direct answer other than some fan made game with a community.

If not, what is the closest to it which is popular & features online play where you can walk around & explore together? Rather than it be an online card game.

In Sword and Shield you can explore around the wild area and DLC with your friends, but not too much else from there and it can be awkward. Its really only walking around with your friends if you can find them. Arceus has the semi open world down, but has no real co op exploration online. I hope that answer helps.

1 Like

@apbsayin, Unfortunately not. As @trainerjack said, Sword & Shield is really it. There’s some aspect of that in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, but only in one specific area called The Grand Underground. If you’re patient, you may get to experience what you’re looking for in the upcoming Scarlet and Violet games set to release later this year.

3 Likes

It’s crazy how they don’t have this yet. It’s gotta be a business thing, not because “they don’t want to”, because people would jump all over that, especially with updates, etc etc. I wonder if there’s a legit response from anyone in Nintendo as far as why.

Yeah I hope the next game has this.

Legends Arceus was a big step away from the regular formula for the games. With its success, hopefully they will continue along with more open world. SWSH had the largest open world areas before that, but not to a huge extent. The new games that come out at the end of this year will likely have a similar feel to SWSH.

1 Like

In terms of walking around with others it seems like Scarlet and Violet will be your kind of games!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ruBLEEqw_c

Pokemmo?

You haven’t missed much.