Pokémon Card Reality Show Netflix

This will be interesting

www.pokebeach.com/2021/11/collectibles-show-featuring-the-pokemon-tcg-launching-on-netflix-call-for-entries

10 Likes

“Brent Montgomery, the producer of Pawn Stars, has inked a deal with Netflix to create an unscripted show featuring Ken Goldin…”

I think I’d rather watch paint dry

8 Likes

Have you seen the video of Ken Goldin trying to sell the Johto premium file starters on the home shopping network? Don’t give Ken a script and let him run wild, this could be amazing :rofl:

11 Likes

I love this

TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND
TIMES A THOUSAND

7 Likes

I agree, Goldin isn’t something that peeps my interest. But wow. I mean think about the exposure for cards this can create? HUGE potential.

Plus, we can learn about other hobbies. Like Yugioh or sports.

I’m down.

1 Like

1 Like

Who is first to pump multi-level marketing on there?

3 Likes

inb4 people at my work ask “is this that thing you’re into?” and i have to reply “yes”

4 Likes

King Paul Aoki the third.

9 Likes

Anything associated with the cringe Pawn Stars is a hard no from me.

They ruined Pokémon.

1 Like

How so? (Genuine question)

I watch the show for the historical value of items, because I know the rest is just all scripted boringness.

Rebecca is nice tho

3 Likes

Here we go again.

The show might at least be a good source of memes, that’s my only expectation. Oh and the imminent flood of newcomers to the hobby.

3 Likes

I’ll reserve judgment until I watch it, but generally I’m not interested in reality TV. However, (almost) anything that increases exposure for the hobby is welcomed by me.

1 Like

7 Likes

I’m just curious what a trading card reality show would even look like.

6 Likes

I feel like I could actually be enjoyable if it had someone like Rudy. Going over some sent in collections and oddities. Or talking with a customer thats come in with their collection to trade/sell/buy or whatever. Behind the scene set ups for prereleases and tournaments. Insight into some of the behind the scenes with product and other current events with distributors and going ons in the community. Although that might be interesting for people in the hobby I doubt an average person would tune into that so I’d just expect some pawn stars rip off.

3 Likes

Yep, I’m thinking they’ll do that whole storage math stuff on the screen “Bought collection worth 800K, hypothetical 400K profit” cha-ching 140mph pupils dilating, dopamine receptor overloading, siren noises and constant arguing and mini catastrophes all the time.

“In the next episode, will Ken be able to locate the 1.2 million rookie currently lost in transit?!?!?! OR will Logan and Pkonno settle their instabeef in time for their duo MetaYugi-festival appearance?!?!?! Find out in the next episode of TCG WARS” Dun dun duuun

4 Likes

Going to keep an open mind for now.

If they got Pkonno on this show… you bet I’m watching.

If it’s another round of pawn stars / logan paul pump & dump garbage, “get your charizard before all the charizards are gone!!!”… I’ll pass