Pokemon Card Front MTG Back

I’m an old collector, and from all those years collecting Rarities, a lot of times some of them were labeled as Fakes, and years later with full internet and help of experts, they ended up being genuine. Of course, it goes the other way also, some that were supposed to be real ended up being fakes. I don’t know nothing about Pokemon cards, while I can explain pretty much easily the MTG back, there’s no way I can prove authenticity or background about the Pokemon front. On my part, I’m just interested to find out the truth about those Blastoise, if so, I will gladly add them on my website in the subsection with the German ones, if they are proven Fakes, with serious explanations, as I’m also an administrator on the FB Group where they were posted at first, I will let know the eventual buyers in order that they don’t get scammed.

Yeah, I pointed out a multitude of reasons why they were fake and people just kept repeating “they’re test cards they’re supposed to look different”

I knew about the German test prints with magic backs but these were just too ridiculous looking to be real.

There were people offering hundreds, if not thousands for them, without any actual hint of validity.

In this case, its not genuine until proven fake :stuck_out_tongue: its the other way around.

Hi

That’s why I join that forum hoping that some experts can provide answers. When it comes to Test Prints about MTG cards, I know my subject, when it comes to Pokemon cards, I simply know nothing. I’m not friend with the seller or tries to defend him, I won’t be the one offering money for those. I do agree with you, I don’t understand why people are talking about money whenever authenticity is not proven, and that on top HQ scans are not available, I asked 4 times in order to get at the least the pic with the Copyright line that was not available before.

There is no question of authenticity here, as I have said before they are 100% fake. The art was never released in English, the fonts are completely wrong, the card layout isn’t correct. I’m simply trying to save you time here but you seem to really want them to turn out to be legit but they categorically are not.

2 Likes

@zedip

You’ve joined a community of experts. It took one post (second from the top) to absolutely destroy the possibility of this being legitimate. If you haven’t read the entire thread, I suggest you do. Here are a few things that make that card utterly impossible;

• card layout
  • artwork exclusively Japanese
  • art border
  • font type
  • lack of “resistance” column
  • use of “escape” instead of retreat
  • set symbol
  • style of language used
  • Pokemon information

Can we close this thread, it’s been answered so many times already.

3 Likes

Locked being as this discussion can go no further than what it has on the subject and any information contrary to that which is already given would simply be false.

4 Likes