Poke Ball Blaster with Battle Discs Guide

Hello everyone,

Today I bring to you a guide on the Poke Ball Blasters with Battle Discs made by Hasbro. From what I can tell, these had an MSRP of between $7.99USD and $9.99USD. Each package contains three different Pokemon figures, three battle discs, and one Poke Ball Blaster which seems to resemble an original Gameboy.

According to the Pokemon website, these were first released in November 1998 and the different variations were gradually released until November 1999.

It is unclear to me at this point whether or not the Poke Ball Blaster colors are randomized or if they only come with certain Pokemon.

So far I have found 16 different packages which include a total of 44 unique Pokemon.

Happy collecting
:blush:

Poke Ball Blaster Colors

1. pink
  2. red
  3. teal
  4. purple
  5. translucent purple
  6. yellow
  7. green

Featured Pokemon

1. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur
  2. Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard
  3. Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise
  4. Pidgey, Raticate, Pikachu
  5. Pidgeotto, Ninetails, Oddish
  6. Pidgeot, Raichu, Eevee
  7. Rattata, Geodude, Gengar
  8. Pikachu, Pikachu, Pikachu
  9. Pikachu, Chansey, Scyther
  10. Primeape, Growlithe, Shellder
  11. Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath
  12. Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam
  13. Farfetch’d, Doduo, Dodrio
  14. Cloyster, Scyther, Gyarados
  15. Kangaskhan, Tauros, Porygon
  16. Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres

Back of Packaging

Here is a sample of the back of the packaging. It’s interesting to note that the back of the packaging only mentions 12 out of the 44 Pokemon that you can collect.

Picture Gallery

91_123_130

5 Likes

So far no grimer or muk presented …which today is a releaf, you’ve increased my wants list enough for one day :sweat_smile: i hope to return the favour in my future collection posts tho!

1 Like

2nd gen but seems like they released every color for each line. Still trying to track down one in yellow.
Seems to be more rare at least with the Cyndaquil line.

4 Likes

I occasionally find those little tokens/coins in my old junk at my parent’s house. Never could remember what they went to, but now I know! Thanks for the post :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good luck :saluting_face:

I wonder why they changed the design of the packaging… It almost looks like a knockoff brand :joy: