PlastX vs the most scratched slab I've ever seen

In 2019 this card was given to my 7 (at the time) year old cousin at his birthday. Apparently he has been taking it to school a lot and it got covered in scratches. Also note the corners have clearly touched the floor a few times too.

You can see how there’s just like a layer of scratches and I’ve highlighted some of the worst offenders.

I took it as a challenge.

A good 1-1.5 hrs of polishing layer, this is the result. *Note, it took about 10 min to clear off the majority of the scratches but I wanted to see if i could remove the deepest ones I highlighted given enough patience. Here is the result, zoom in for full detail

It was able to smooth out even the deepest scratches but those definitely took a long time.

Below shows progressive applications on the back.

And the final result on the back after 10 minutes

33 Likes

Holy crap. If that doesn’t convince someone, what does?

5 Likes

Absolutely love PlastX. Couldn’t believe my eyes the first time that I used it.

4 Likes

Wowza. This is really good information - thanks for the before/after pictures! It almost looks like even if a slab doesn’t have scratches, if you want to give it a quick ‘refresh’ (for your own display, a show, etc.) that a little dab of PlastX might be just the thing.

2 Likes

That shit is like magic juice. Hella dope

2 Likes

Plastx is a scam

How dare you use the lords name in vain!

6 Likes

Holy crap, I did not expect the results to be that staggering

And the best part? You can’t beat the taste, either!

Please call poison control for me though.

10 Likes

I rubbed plastx on this for hours multiple times and it does not work

1 Like

Could you add acrylic cement to deep gouges and smooth that down with with PlastX?

Can’t say I’ve ever tried