Pick one of three?

I’m saying 1st Ed. Base cards are more recognizable and iconic than other Pokemon “cards”
Best chance of surviving the test of time.

2 Likes

Pikachu illustrator:
That’s really all I got lol.

1 Like

Closed the poll. I’m going to go with the shadowless zard. But price point is big so because I might want a cheaper card which if these two would you go with? :sweat_smile:

• PSA 8.5 shadowless charizard
  • CGC 9 shadowless charizard
0 voters

Don’t you already have a clean 8? I wouldn’t screw around with an 8.5 personally. That slight upgrade wouldn’t be worth the money to me.

3 Likes

I do but wanted to upgrade

8.5 is definitely a downgrade

6 Likes

I’m just concerned about cgc authenticity but not sure if the 9 is equivalent to the 9 in psa. Why is the 8.5 a downgrade?

Because an 8.5 Is just an 8 on regrade and there are way more people interested in an 8 than an 8.5.

If you’re goal is to upgrade I’d recommend just doing it properly and buying a PSA 9

13 Likes

That makes sense.

Not trying to be too nosey but the one you’re looking at is 4 grand or best offer. Might be able to talk them down a little but let’s say even $3500… that’s a lot of money for a .5 upgrade. Just me but I’d either save up and buy a 9 or spend the $4000 on something else. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Also half-grades drive me nuts :slightly_smiling_face:

Second edit… also I remember you having a PSA 8 Shadowless Holo set… a mix of grading companies wouldn’t drive you crazy? It would me.

4 Likes

I voted for CGC 9, but are you sure? It seems to me that this would be another compromise for a card you clearly love and want in PSA 9. At this point I would save money for the full upgrade.

5 Likes

@codytcas @decoypalmette That’s true. I think I’ll save for the 9 instead of just compromising a bunch. It may take a bit longer but I think will be worth it.

4 Likes

This. The minute you compromise, you are likely to also have regret.

5 Likes

This would be my decision. Go with the PSA 9. Save a little longer - they will always be around.

3 Likes

How can blastoise be mentioned in the same breath as Charizard in the first place? There is a reason Ash’s pikachu was fighting Charizard at the final battle in Ash’s last fight for the world championship <3. Doesn’t matter if it is 1st ed shadowless or some prototype from Akabane’s long lost closet, either option 1 or 3.

Anyways there are enough people like me out there who are hardcore about charizard that the narrative will certainly remain the same.

1 Like

:fire::lizard::orange_heart:

1 Like

In all Honesty, why not spend another couple of months to save up, and straight upgrade to a 1st ed 7 or something :smiley:

That would be truly next level. Anyways u already have a shadowless 8 and I feel that whilst the shift from an 8 to a 9, the trouble of having to buy a new card and sell off the one you have, you might as well consider going for a bigger upgrade than just a cgc/psa 9.

2 Likes

This is true. I was looking at a bgs 7 1st ed but I’ll see. Have to see how the next six months play out

End of the day, regardless of anyone’s opinion, the true upgrade for a card is when you are just staring at the card yourself and smile that true progress has been made. What we provide are just opinions so dont be too hard on yourself!

1 Like

This is also true. Gotta take a breath and see where I land :lizard::fire::orange_heart:

1 Like