Old School Runescape

I’ve never played osrs, but it looks cool. I played runescape from 2005-2007 (when the grand exchange and all the crappy updates took effect). I quit more so cause of some other things but partly cause of that too. I played again in 2010 for a couple months regularly then quit. Then played again in 2016 for 6 months, then quit again haha. Then played again this past winter for a few months heavily, but have since slowed way down and only play occasionally. My name on there is The Goat.

Rs3 sucks, like a lot. I don’t like the better graphics, the combat system, the game mechanics, how easy it is now (bonus :laughing: literally EVERYWHERE), double :laughing: weekends, etc… etc… everyone who played in its prime knows what I’m talking about. There isn’t much I like about it at all honestly haha. It’s such a shadow of the game it used to be. There’s a reason they had to make the oldschool server haha.

The reason I never played osrs is because I do not want to start over from scratch. Its technically a different game. It’s completely seperate then my rs3 account that I’ve played on all these years. All the time put in and achievements and wealth acquired would be gone. So I’ll continue to play from time to time on rs3, but I play it as close as possible to how it was in 2006.

I took this picture like 3 weeks ago, I was shocked at how much I played! I played some since then so add like 15 hours to that total

3 Likes

Awesome April Fools prank by OSRS dev team.

secure.runescape.com/m=news/dev-blog-pet-ranching?oldschool=1

2 Likes

LOL! That’s hilarious. Reminds of the time they promoted the skill sailing on April Fools day haha.

I play actively. Feel free to add me. I keep my private chat on friends, but quote me and I’ll add you.
My username is "Neo Destiny.":blush:

Never knew there were so many OSRS players :3

Uim btw

Also UIM btw. Are you in Ultimate CC?

I play a lv 3 skiller on OSRS. Username is “Valenci”

yessir, 2k total haha. years in the making

I love the whole idea of Ironman and I actually started my account as one, but I just don’t nearly play enough to make it to where I’d wanna get to in the game (endgame content- raids) playing that style.

It’s an awesome thought to earn your way, but when in practical terms that means camping dozens of individual bosses for tens to hundreds of hours each it just doesn’t work with my playstyle of short 30min - 1 hour sessions and a lot of AFK play. If I played enough to make it reasonable I definitely would go that route though. UIM I really don’t get either with the whole suicide / treasure chest bank methods that are around.

Haha I’m not surprised to see another trimmed comp player who collects pokemon cards. I didn’t have near that much :laughing: but I just happened to already have over 5000 castle wars games as that’s all I played.
Like you I haven’t played in a long time, since about 2015 actually. I had over 500 days played and looking back that took too much of my life. You probably surpass myself with 4.1b :laughing: and 5k castle wars games. I didn’t even have a billion :laughing: as I stopped training after getting a skill to 99 besides dungeoneering.
The game was fun but EoC pretty much obliterated the competitive castle wars scene, and I didn’t like how all the cool “new” cosmetics were locked behind P2W. I read osrs had an emerging cw scene (back when it came out) but eh it’s best I cut myself off from mmorpgs.

1 Like

I loved castle wars! my internet was always way too laggy to make stealing the flag doable, so I’d always defend, almost 2k tickets, I always wanted the full gold set.

1 Like

Free 2 week membership on amazon prime by the way, not sure how much longer its gonna last honestly

Where do you see this? Can you link please?

Thanks.

Im mobile at the moment, but go on twitch.tv (owned by amazon), make an account, and youll see special offers all the time. You’ll see osrs’, link your account and two weeks is instantly applied.

If you dont get it, message me & ill direct link it when i get home

2 Likes

Here is the link:

www.runescape.com/twitch-prime

It is a Runescape link but as you know OSRS and Runescape 3 accounts are linked.

Note that even if you’ve got membership credit and are an active member, this will work. It will tack on 14 days to whatever you currently have and just push out your recurring renewal by 14 days.

1 Like

I’m really into OSRS. I have a main and a 1def pure

2 Likes

I burnt out on that game lol

OSRS :heart_eyes:

I actually logged in this week after almost a year just to show off my account to a work friend haha. Realized I still have some membership days left

2 Likes