Old school EX era booster packs/box and EX cards

The wotc box price has increased significantly over the past few years, what do you guys think about old school ex era? Do you guys think the packs or the ex will continue rise in value? Cuz many of the ex still aren’t that expensive compare to other high end cards even though their artwork is fascinating imo :sunglasses:

You would be surprised on some of the Ex’s they can go for quite healthy figures!

2 Likes

They will be creeping up, the question is just if they can keep up with WOTC cards if it comes to normal set releases. I have the feeling that there´s much less supply of EX out there, but also demand is not that big compared to WOTC, that might change with time though as kids who actively played/collected during that era are just in their early 20s I guess.

1 Like

yeah i know some ex are definitely not cheap, especially ex team rocket

i think they will keep rising in value as well, the artwork is great imo, and the holo border on the cards makes them a lot harder to grade in 10s

1 Like

Not to mention the foil in general. Even the regular holos and reverses scratch and peel from nothing. I mainly collect gen 3, it has a lot of room for growth and it was one of the least printed eras, but it remains to see how fast it will grow.

1 Like

I’ve been collecting a lot of early EX as well! Great art and great value, scoop them up while you can :blush:

4 Likes

EX Series sealed product is already increasing, back in 2014-15 you could get packs for $8-10 for the less popular sets and maybe $15-20 for stuff like Dragon Frontiers and Unseen Forces. Now you’re looking at $80-100 and up just for those same products.

While sealed product is still going up, we haven’t seen a clear trend in the same direction for single cards, it’s been up and down over the past few years. Some prices for PSA 10 copies are frankly ridiculous in my opinion, my advice is that if you like some of the ex series cards, get them now.

4 Likes

ex for days!!! i need the vaporeon in 10 :laughing:

1 Like

yeah i can’t agree with you more, sealed product is increading while single cards still don’t have a clear trend, which make me think that these ex in 10s will only keep increasing in value to keep up with the sealed product

ridiculously pricey or cheap? XD

EX series sealed product skyrocketed mainly due to gold stars. The singles have gone up and down because there just wasn’t a huge market for gen 3 holos and EXs. People like me who just missed the WOTC craziness and were kids during the EX series are in college and just getting out of college so I feel that once our age group gets more purchasing power the holos and exs will increase. Will they quadrouple in value over-night? No. There was less EX series product printed but that was to match the smaller fanbase at the time so this emerging group of purchasing power will be less influential then the WOTC kids. It will probably steadily increase but I doubt the singles will surpass WOTC

3 Likes