Old Japanese booster pack opening + PSA return

Hi everyone,

I had a blast opening 30 Jungle booster packs and I filmed it.
At first I wasn’t sure whether I would post it or not, as I do make some mistakes and I’m not that hyper.
But heck, I just want to share the pulls and the PSA returns that followed :blush:!
Most grades were expected with a few strange ones. I pulled 2 Clefables with a yellow printing dot that got them a 9, was surprised about that one.

Jungle 3 x 10 boosters:

Link to part 1: Pokemon booster pack opening - 10 Japanese Jungle packs from 1996 WITH PSA returns - PART 1 - YouTube

Link to part 2: Pokemon booster pack opening - 10 Japanese Jungle packs from 1996 WITH PSA returns - PART 2 - YouTube

Link to part 3: Pokemon booster pack opening - 10 Japanese Jungle packs from 1996 WITH PSA returns - PART 3 - YouTube

Gym 2 2x 10 boosters:

Link to part 1: PART 1 - Opening 10 Pokémon Japanese Gym Challenge packs WITH PSA returns - YouTube

Link to part 2:

15 Likes

Very cool. Thanks for sharing @handschoen,

1 Like

awesome to see you started a channel @handschoen,

1 Like

Very nice content to watch. And I absolutely LOVE the original Jolteon and Flareon. There’s just something about those deep colorings of those two cards that I absolutely adore. So I was really happy to see you get those back and in 10’s. Super congrats on that and big thanks again for the content really enjoyed watching those.

And what an awesome way to make the videos. Let’s just open 10 packs and send them off to PSA and get them back right away and show them all in the same videos. Super cool idea; and super cool pack openings.

I’m an avid fanatic for Japanese cards. Something about them and the way they look steals my heart away from the US printed cards. I don’t know why, but I’ll always love the printing versions in the Japanese format better than the US prints. So I especially enjoyed watching this opening!

@dblast, @grandgengar,thanks a lot! Subscribing, commeting and liking helps if you got the time :blush:.

Thank you very much man! And yes, I was so happy pulling those cards! I pulled 3 Flareon in total of the 30 packs I believe so that is insane… Did not expect the card with the clear nick to get a 10 and the one that got a 9 was flawless, haha.
I started with the English cards about 5 years ago but my love increasingly seems to be drawn to the Japanese cards… Like you said they look so much better, I love the way the evolution box is sort of see through instead of printed over the holo.

I didn’t get the Vaporeon unfortunately but I bought these 30 packs with someone from Denmark who opened the other 30 packs and got 3 Vaporeons so I’m hoping he gets at least 2 10s so we can trade some cards to both complete our sets :blush:.

I graded the cards through Ludkins by the way. I don’t think I mentioned it anywhere in the video’s but I put a link to their grading service in the description :blush:.

1 Like

Oh really! How does that work? Do you just send your cards to a specific person or something and then I’d assume they ship them off to PSA for you and then return them to you once they’re completed being graded? Or how does that work… cause I have SO many cards that I want to send off to PSA to get graded, but don’t have an account/ that much money.

Also if you don’t mind me asking, how much was it per card to get graded?

Depends on the amount of cards you send in and the type of service:
www.ludkinscollectables.com/psa-grading
It’s all explained well on their website :blush:.

Thanks a million!

Added a Gym 2 opening and it was awesome!

1 Like

Looks good awesome pulls!

1 Like

Cool opening. I love how there’s a holo in every pack. I laugh when I see sellers on eBay say “Japanese jungle unweighed!”

1 Like

A lot of buyers also don’t know so I guess it helps if you put it in the listing :stuck_out_tongue:.
If they would only do that for Base set too though…

Thanks, was really happy with the pulls and with that 10 especially :grin:!

For base set the sealed decks are actually a much better booster pack, one holo guaranteed and 30 cards (+30 energy if you’re into that)!

And few people know about them, so they sometime sell for less than the actual booster pack…

Yes, very good point.
It makes no sense buying a booster for +$200 risking to not even get a holo while decks are for sale for $275.
The decks are adjusting price wise at the moment though creeping up…