Old full size Japanese Pokemon Movie/Promo Posters.

Hi, new to Efour.

I collected these Movie posters back in 2000 and was hoping if there are more types for sale? How much they would go for and where can they be found? The quality I have in my collection are very clean with no damage. I can’t seem to find any detailed information or availability if they can still be purchased. Any help will be appreciated.

17 Likes

Get those things framed and on a wall–stat!!

NEED. Beautiful posters. I commend you for keeping them in such great condition for so long.

1 Like

The Neo 1 and 2 posters have been available on yahoo auctions in the 20-30k yen range, probably similar for the Gym 2 as well. The Base/Jungle/Fossil/Rocket go for more. Don’t know about the movie posters. Cool things to have.

1 Like

Wow these are amazing!!! Would love something like this for the man cave, did you just buy these on eBay?

1 Like

I bought them over 20 years ago when I started collecting both English & Japanese. Every time I ordered from Japan I would order something not card related like presentation pins, iron on transfers, books & the posters. I left them sitting in their original postal tube untouched for all this time. I’ll either frame them just got to find the wall space or sell. I’ve got smaller flyers that have been laminated.

These are a lot smaller.

8 Likes

@pichufan will love the posters above. :blush:

And very nice posters! You don’t see them too often, and I’ve actually never seen the ones you posted before personally.
I love that there are so many different things to collect regarding Pokémon outside of just the TCG, even though that will always remains my personal main interest: packs/boxes; plushies; theme decks; coins; figures; posters; non-TCG cards; stickers; binders; etc. etc.

I can’t answer your question, but thanks a lot for sharing them either way. They look amazing! :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Plushies, yay :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Woah, woah, woah, woah. You can’t post a photo of all those fire hazards and not mention the Japanese boxes in the background.

3 Likes

Good to see you on here @vintagetcg, Hope to keep seeing more of your collections shared in a collection thread since you have so much great looking stuff in great condition. Always love seeing the neo posters when they pop up.

1 Like

Yes! They’re very cool. I don’t own any of these myself but I’ve seen all of them except for the two ANA posters (flyers, perhaps?) from the second post - those are awesome. I had a look on YJA to see if I could find them but sadly no hits, there is a sticker sheet with a similar design though which is interesting: page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r483867433.

It’s great to see all of these in one place. I’m no poster expert but I believe some of the earlier ones can fetch a bit of a premium now.

3 Likes

Great to see you too. Happy to post more stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

You mean the boxes the plushies are sitting on? Sorry they were all cracked 20+ years ago. But they do make a nice display don’t you think?

Yeh, they’re the best. I’ve been buying a bunch recently because I definitely can’t afford sealed ones now.

I’d like to get a full set of the early years Japanese booster boxes. Sadly I must have thrown away my Jungle & Fossil.
I do find the English box artwork was a bit obsessed with the Pokemon Ball image. Whereas the Japanese artwork was “This is a Pokemon Ball now get over it and move on” LOL

“For the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7).
It’s What’s on the Inside that Counts :grin:

6 Likes

Japanese is the true path, never look back.

5 Likes

May every opening you encounter be fruitful and rewarding. @thetropicalwoodsman,

That Crossing the Ruins poster is now entering my list of must haves. It’s SO gorgeous love the posters, and hopefully you get all of them framed in the near future

Those are some awesome posters, nice collection!

Sick