Non Holo Meowth # 10

I ran across a Non-Holo Meowth from the black Star promo set #10. I had no idea this card existed. From what little I can find on it it was a Jr. Rally release? I am looking for the sealed version. I bought 1 sealed copy but the seller was out of stock…

Any help with where to look would be very helpful. I am not familiar with sites that specialize in selling Japanese cards.

1 Like

are you referring to this card?
![](http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Pokemon-Meowth-GB-Game-Boy-Coro-Coro-Japanese-Promo-Rare-Card-Mint-Condition-/00/s/ODAwWDYwMA==/z/CgwAAOxysJxSO6Wc/$(KGrHqVHJCEFIu26JE7yBSO6Wckq(Q~~60_35.JPG)

if so: “In Japan, this card was available as an insert with the February 1999 issue of CoroCoro Comic.”
-Bulbapedia

No it is in English: www.ebay.com/itm/261403228688

I bought this last week but it is sold out: pokemoncraftstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=88

Oh wow, I didn’t even know this existed :stuck_out_tongue: Theres a sealed one for sale at the pokemoncraftstore site

Yes, the non holo english promo meowth is the jr rally promo

1 Like

I bought that 9 myself, just trying to get the sealed version for my collection. The few listings I have found for it have not been expensive, but it seems to be one of those hard to find cards.

You probably shouldn’t bother going after a “sealed” version, as it would be impossible to authenticate.

In fact, the packaging shouldn’t even be characterized as “sealed.” The card came inside a vinyl train-pass case (the kind sold in any 100-yen shop) with an opening at the top, so the pass (and, thus, the card itself) could be slipped in and out. In other words, the case was like a penny sleeve.

Unless you got the card and case firsthand from the rally, there’s really no way of knowing for certain that you are getting the original pass case.

4 Likes

Great information. Do you have any knowledge of how rare this card is or if it is more easily found on other sites? I have a friend also looking for one now

Thanks for the info