NM-Mint Complete Sets (Unlimited): WotC Neo + e-Reader Sets

Although I collected all of my Gen 1 sets (Base through Gym Challenge) in 1st edition - and Mint condition - I think I will ignore collecting in 1st edition for the Gen 2 sets (assuming the price differential is substantial).

I am looking for these sets to be in NM-Mint condition… which in itself is kind of confusing. Because if a set was genuinely completely Mint, that should obviously be worth more than a set that is completely Near Mint. But at the same time, it’s also really hard to verify the difference by looking at a bunch of zoomed out pictures on eBay listings. What’s the best way to go about verifying the condition of a complete set? And what kind of difference in price should there be between Near Mint, NM-Mint, and Mint?

Also, I am not specifically looking to acquire any Reverse Holos.

So, these are the complete Unlimited (non 1st edition) sets in NM-Mint condition I want a price check on, without regard to collecting Reverse Holos.

• Neo Genesis
  • Neo Discovery
  • Neo Revelations (I’d like a price check both with and without Shinings)
  • Neo Destiny (I’d like a price check both with and without Shinings)
  • Expedition
  • Aquapolis
  • Skyridge

FWIW, I think I already have a good idea of what an appropriate price range is for the Neo sets based on eBay sold listings (figured it couldn’t hurt to get an opinion anyway), but I definitely need guidance for the e-Readers sets.

Thanks so much for any help!

1 Like

With full set listings of old school cards, I’ve come to accept the fact that more likely than not, you’ll end up having to do some spot “repairs” in the form of replacement cards even if they are listed as NM/Mint. Realistically you aren’t going to be able to get detailed pictures of all the holos in the set even given the picture limits on eBay. Also, many sellers tend to ship full sets in 9 card binder pages which are extremely prone to damage. It’s always going to be somewhat of a gamble; just try to choose the more reputable sellers as well.

Not sure what prices are like nowadays, but I always personally valued the Neo sets (unlimited) as follows:

• Neo Genesis → $200
  • Neo Discovery → $100-150
  • Neo Revelation → $200, maybe $250 with Shining Karp/Gyarados
  • Neo Destiny → $250 w/o Shinings, $450-500 w/ Shinings
1 Like

Best way to verify condish is to see them in person. As areeste mentioned condition in this area can vary widely. Seeing cards in person is not an option very often however if you get the chance at a local listing definitely put in the extra mile to try and see them in person.
Other than that, avoid listings with shite photos.

1 Like

Thanks guys.

Can anyone give some price guidance on the e-Reader series though?

A Skyridge set with just H holos went for over $600 recently. Seems a bit high, the other two sets you should be able to find sub $400 in Mint condition. Most of these sets are purchased almost immediately when listed. I’m missing 3 Expedition cards & can sell PSA 9 sets for 1-1.2k consistently, so any reasonably priced set will be bought right away.

@gemmintpokemon Thanks, I did see that Skyridge listing you mentioned and I thought it seemed a bit high; I wasn’t sure if that was the standard selling price.

I might just focus on trying to collect the Neo cards and make up my mind on whether or not to go for the e-Readers cards at another time - I realize now it’s a more expensive proposition than I initially thought.

Coming into another skyridge set soon. Ill lyk!