Nish's Collection - Look at my balls!

Hallo, I’m back from the dead :blush: missed you all too much

I got old boi #5 in good condition. Got a bigger update for later when I get home

2 Likes

Wait a minute, at some point I had already uploaded all of the pictures !!

here’s my side collection pt 2 :blush: first was relicanths, now is stringy mons

imgur.com/a/bFvHeXJ

their design just makes me so happy. Reminds me of a simpler time with less seriousness in the world. Afaik that’s all of the crochet art cards? I went off of the artists list on bulbapedia but it’s honestly been a couple months since I finished getting them all and I can’t remember 100%

3 Likes

Kinda sad today, I was hoping to get a big card in but it got held at USPS instead so I’ll update on Monday when I pick it up cause it’s worth a solo post :blush:

I picked up a 2016 Battle Festa mew, it’s a purty boi :stuck_out_tongue:

One last thing, I decided to share my spreadsheet for anyone who’s curious. I don’t think I’ve missed any JP or EN tcg cards, but I could absolutely be wrong so please let me know if you see something wrong or missing!
Basic legend: green = complete, yellow = in transit, red = need

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12FMHOkPVFCV-TOKbk-f9UPk7Q4mOyop-jUZsVEkl3rg/edit?usp=sharing

5 Likes

Based on your spreadsheet, am I correct in saying you don’t care about:

1. 1st vs unlimited edition of Japanese cards
  2. Reverse Holo versions of English cards (nor Japanese, since Japanese The Best of XY Mew also has a Reverse Holo version)
  3. Errors/misprints (i.e. Secret Wonders and XY Evolutions holo bleed versions)
  4. Glossy prints (English WotC Mew that was released in the Japanese Gotta Magazine)
  5. Sample/test prints (i.e. English Expedition Base Set MATCHPRINT)

If you do, at least 20 cards are missing in your lists. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Beautiful Mew collection. See some new ones I need to get!

I’m over the moon today because I finally got this gorgeous card in. When I first started this collection with cards that were <$10 I went through and looked at every card I would need to get every Mew artwork. When I got to this card and looked it up on ebay I was seeing $4-500 for ungraded cards and I absolutely scoffed at that because I thought I wouldn’t ever be able or willing to afford it. I know that’s chump change for a lot of people here, but I’m just pleased as punch :blush: have a great day everyone

10 Likes

Congrats. Definitely one of my favorite Mew arts.

Okey doke, so basically I feel satisfied with my Mews. I ordered 044/071, 342/SM-P, 055/173, and 087/128 which are just reprints of existing cards but in new sets which completes the collection. I’m just not a fan of the Mew & Mewtwo GX cards, so I’m passing on them… no point in collecting something you don’t like is how I see it :blush: The only Mew card I still actively want is the art academy and that’s not exactly widely available, so I’m just gonna start picking up random pieces that I enjoy

starting with this gorgeous Aggron :slightly_smiling_face: I just think the colors on this card are perfect… the gold name and HP contrast the muted art well and really help the holo pop

oh also, I (finally) ordered a scanner so I’m gonna go back through and scan all of my cards once it comes in :grin: look forward to it

3 Likes

Scanner came in, it sucks :stuck_out_tongue: Has ugly ass rgb lines I can’t get rid of over the entire thing and I’m incredibly disappointed. Whole story here
www.elitefourum.com/t/im-about-to-lose-my-mind-help-on-v37-settings/28112/1

Also, what the heck am I doing lol

1 Like

Love this card as well! You have some great taste.

1 Like

Lemme give a small update of some random cards I’ve picked up recently

there’s something about the Erika cards that’s just so nice and serene that I love

8 Likes

The new Mew V came in yesterday, it’s gorgeous! I’m absolutely in love with the black border, it makes the card so clean. I would love so much for expansion sets to be released with a black border. I think the new border tier list goes black > silver > yellow

4 Likes

I’m with you on the black borders! I think they look awesome. It’s a big reason why I jumped on the Prism Star cards from Sun & Moon - they looked so different from everything else.

That’s a very cute artwork of Mew, too.

1 Like

Chinese “Creator of Legends” (Ex Legend Maker) holo

as well as German, Spanish, and Italian Black Star Promo #8s

I have a little over a dozen other cards in various languages in the mail right now and I’m HUGELY excited to get this ball rolling :blush:

5 Likes

Very cool. Good luck with the 100% collection goal. BS Mew 8 will always have a special place in my heart. Still have mine from when I was a kid.

1 Like

There’s something about the #8 and #9 promos that is just nice. I enjoy them a lot :blush: I have the english, french, and portugese #8s on the way too so it’ll be super cool to have the whole set on hand!

1 Like

Complete promo #8 set including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese

and all 3 versions of the Mythical set, English, Korean, and Japanese

7 Likes

Loving the mew collection @nish. I’ve been toying with the idea of doing a mini Mew/Mewtwo collection myself so it’s nice to see many different versions all together! Best of luck with the everlasting search for more!

Small post, but I’m super happy with this recent pickup and wanted to share it. Super clean psa 10 Buneary with a combined double swirl
:blush:

5 Likes

Legend maker doesnt get a lot of love but the reverse holos are some of my favorite from the ex sets