Nikhil's Collection Thread

Hi Everyone! I’ve been meaning to make a personal collection thread for a while (couple months) now and I grappled with the idea of whether or not to have a more private or public collection. Nonetheless, here I am! haha. I hope this is a nice way to track some of my completion of certain sets/cards over the years.

As of making this thread I’ve been in the Hobby for just over a year now, and its been super fun to get back into some Sinnoh based cards as that is the region I grew up with. I really enjoy a lot of the 2004-2008 era of Japanese promos but have yet to add any to my collection.

This 2007 Tropical Wind was a card I was eyeing for quite a while now and I was able to acquire it after a few months of saving up and lots of video editing haha. Holding it in hand for the first time after only seeing scans felt surreal.

I hope to get a few of the other tropicals Top 16’s (namely 2006 Tidal Wave, and 2011 in due time). Having there be a placement on the card makes it more exciting for me than the staff stamp #TrophyAlternative. Haha.

This is the Lottery Meganium Promo. Holo is nice, but after buying this card I realized I actually really enjoy non-holo cards more than holo hahahah. I know I’m definitely in the minority there.

A little base set action.

and one of my favorites: psyduck Natta Wake. I subbed this card myself last December and recently got it back lol. Felt it was super clean, but pretty sure there was a dent or such on the back. Still has been a great display piece for my desk in uni!

I hope you enjoyed seeing these and I shall update with more items as time goes on! :blush:

14 Likes

Awesome collection! I also own one of the Meganium lottery promos, love it! Super jealous of your tropical wind! Well done!

1 Like

that ecard lottery promo is really cool! I’m assuming Japanese exclusive? I’ve never seen that before and will definitely have to do some research

@howleatthemoon, thank you so much!

@shadowrex, yes the lottery promo itself Is Japanese exclusive but I believe the art is released in English in a certain set too.

Here is the bulbapedia article for them bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Meganium_(Expedition_53)

1 Like