New to the site. Need help with posting photos

I’m new to the site and wanted to post a photo to one of my threads but am struggling to figure out how. This might sound a bit dumb but can someone please help? Thanks

First you’ll need to find a place where you upload pictures, Imgur is one of the most used and here’s great tutorial by @pokemonsyndicate how to link pictures on this forum. :blush:

3 Likes

There’s also a mobile app called Tapatalk that can be linked to the forum, which allows you to directly embed photos in your posts rather than using a separate image hosting service. When I’m planning to include photos, sometimes I post from my phone even if I’m right next to my computer, just for the added convenience.

3 Likes

follow the image directions already posted but i would add that you need to make sure the image link has the extension, such as .jpg or .bmp etc.
Thats most prob why its not working for you (me too when i 1st tried)

this is me posting images…

Actually it’s hard to get them right sometimes, sometimes the links don’t work, try right clicking the image, and opening in a seperate window tab to get the true direct link.

This will be so helpful for me in the future. Thanks for letting us newbies know how things work around here.

:wink:

Here’s another hint since others may reference this forum thread in the future:

Resizing the image to less than 800 pixels before uploading helps reduce the upload speed, data consumption and also helps pages load snappier. It makes a big difference especially for those with slower internet like some of our Aussie friends.
Resizing to between 600 and 800 pixels works best. Doing so also gets you good karma :blush:

I disagree. I’d rather have more pixels (especially when having to give a PSA estimate grade) than worse quality. You can however cut out around the card (like if you take picture of a card on your table, cut out the table)

If you’re using a 1080p monitor as most people do you most likely won’t see more pixels than 800 width on the forum, so the extra is a waste of data. Here are some examples for the sake of the discussion… (apologies for the large images):

My iPhone 6S photographs in 3264 x 2448 resolution. I suppose if, as in your case, the concern is a cards grade then it would make sense. My point is not all images have to be in HD. It’s basic forum stuff :blush:

2 Likes

I’ll have you know I’m from Australia and I take offence to this post. You’ll be hearing from my lawyers in 6 months when the legal documents finish uploading…
Maybe the speed is why I lose all those auctions…

1 Like

Lol!

I’m using a 4k monitor. And the extra pixels are a huuuge improvement.