New Rudy Vid "2 years of Pokemon INVESTING goes bad..."

I just don’t see how buying brand new releases at a rate all distributers can pay can be considered an investment.

2 Likes

I’m actually really happy this happened. Im a fan of Rudy, it sucks that he didn’t make it big, but I hope this will help drive home the fact that this isn’t a easy hobby for kids. You can’t blindly invest in Pokemon, like many have said on here already.

I was nervous that the comments on the video would be all bashing Pokemon. But for the most part I found the same thing I find here, people saying “hey guy, you did this all wrong. You should of done your homework instead of buying whatever your distributor couldn’t offload themselves”

Look at Platinum and B&W booster boxes. They’ll grow but need time to become less available. The spike in popularity during XY will not help but they will go up. There will always be a rough point with sets dropping out of standard format where the cards are at their cheapest.

I agree, I was just quoting rudy referring to it as an investment.

Fixed your statement :wink:

3 Likes

Next video

15 Likes

naisu.

I’m dying. :joy::joy::rofl:

1 Like

He might of not had verizon, so he couldnt hear you :wink:!

Even if he didnt get newer boxes, possibly could of even went to the route of older graded WOTC PSA 10 cards at the minimum. Either way, adults admit their mistakes, at least he did that!

Rudy seems to have a great attitude. And with 40,000 views in just one day after uploading the video, I’d say he’s doing quite well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

EX boxes were just a terrible investment. Should have only bought booster boxes if he was only going after modern product. Every big box store has like 4+ years old boxes still lying around since they were not a limited product like BB are.

1 Like

I remember some of his videos on these boxes. He had big expectations when it comes to the bonus stuff like the promo cards, coins, etc… I don’t remember the exact figure but he expected around $10 on that alone.

We’re talking cards T&T will give you $1-2(when/if they’re even on their buylist)… The other stuff would probably net pennies when you try to move such high volume.

He indeed could have made a killing buying into vintage product. I would love to see his collection… If he even has one? Surely he must have a little bit of the higher end goodies.

I have always thought, “this guy buys a bunch of shit for no reason!”. I was not wrong.

1 Like