New fossil dragonite repeating error discovered

Line under the illustrator. I find it funny how some have little to no reference anywhere. Theres a tonne similar to this.

2 Likes

Yeah I can imagine. I love that you guys are keeping track of these and look forward to any threads/reveals.

Knowing nothing of the process, is it likely that the repeat errors are limited to a single print run?

1 Like

Id say yes but you have blue dot error vulpix 1st edition and shadowless.

I have the same symbol error on one of my Dragonite’s so it’s not a one of!

2 Likes

Hi thats brilliant could you post a pic. I expected this was a repeated error but didnt expect another to turn up so quickly this is excellent. :slight_smile:

This is mine !
It also has 2 swirls with the same missing symbol error and it’s a German Dragonite too !
I have 4 of those German Dragonites and this is the only one with that error

11 Likes

Thanks for messaging and thanks for the pic. Repeating dragonite error 100 percent confirmed. Both having 2 swirls is interesting bonus for sure. Wonder if they all do lol.

2 Likes

Its been found lol.

1 Like

Is 2 enough lol

1 Like

I’m not sure that two is enough. There are at least 5+ holo Dragonites per Fossil sheet. In my head, a real “error” would be appearing on multiple sheets.

Give me a number to aim for to convince you. Heres number 3.

2 Likes

This is definitely a repeatable error. The odds of that happening on 3 separate cards in the same spot is ridiculously low.

1 Like

Three is pretty convincing. Now we have to determine whether it is a rare or common error.

3 Likes

Certain errors look like they would be repeat offenders this was one of those so i went out on a limb and said it likely was. Just wasnt expecting to resolve it so quickly lol.

1 Like

It wont be common its just a case of how rare. Thatll take a while.

3 Likes

Hey that’s fantastic, I’ll add this to our known errors list. Great work. :slightly_smiling_face:

This appears to only be present in the German set correct?

1 Like

Yes just the german one.

1 Like

Awesome. What would you like it to be called? Seeing as you’re the discoverer (as far as we know). :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hmmm ill have a think. Happy for others to input ideas too.

1 Like

Absolutely. I’ll leave it as “newly discovered fossil symbol error” for now and keep an eye out for what you folks decide upon. Hopefully something better than “newly discovered fossil symbol error”.