New fossil dragonite repeating error discovered

Im an avid error collector aswell as 3rd print fossil. Over the last few years ive really thrown myself into these 2 things mainly plus a few extras. There are plenty of english errors that most dont even know about and when extended to foreign language cards that grows even larger. Finally a big one popped up. Its very similar to the Krabby slash error but being on a dragonite holo makes it hugely more wow.

7 Likes

Mentioned this card on God Tier Double Swirls.

Not sure that I would call it an error unless it is reproduced multiple times. Could have been an obstruction on a single sheet… I’m not sure.

4 Likes

If i had to make a bet with all my knowledge on errors id say this was a repeating obstruction error. The 2 swirls are just a bonus to me. Theres quite a lot of repeating obstruction errors in wotc that most are totally unaware of. Thanks for the link. Ive had a little look at that thread before but not one i read all the time but shouldve guessed this wouldve made it on there because of the swirls.

This is very cool no doubt, I saw it when @Dyl posted it in the swirl thread. I’ve personally never seen it on a Dragonite, but the Krabby slash error comes to mind. I think it’s safe to assume it’s a one-off manufacturing error (which makes it even cooler in my humble opinion) unless another pops up of course.

1 Like

Ive been collecting repeating errors that noone knows about so ive got quite a lot of knowledge in this area. In about a years time ill release news of the biggie. As for this one its more likely to repeat than not repeat so id wager ill find another in time.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I look forward to seeing it when you do, and to hear of this biggie. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve been doing this too :eye::lips::eye: Tell me your knowledge and I will reveal mine

2 Likes

Theres two of us working together id have to ask first lol. One thing im astounded this hasnt been spotted. It spurred me on massively to find what else wasnt documented.

2 Likes

I’ve been collecting some errors and once I have a few I’m going to request they be added to CGC’s database :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love it. This is whats most exciting to me.

1 Like

The amount of Pokemon knowledge I still need to dump into guides is crazy. I have probably 10+ guide ideas in my head that I still have to get to. I come up with them faster than I can make them :sob::joy:

2 Likes

Is it all wotc? As we venture further out my knowledge diminishes although ive been working on that lately.

1 Like

Some of it is WOTC, some is more modern. I spend so much time researching in this hobby it’s kind of ridiculous. Web sleuth PoV :joy:

I’ve thought about starting a YouTube channel to spread my knowledge to places other than the minority of us that are on efour.

4 Likes

You should do it. Id watch for sure.

1 Like

I’ve definitely seen some Jungle cards with light/ obstructed set symbols (and then obviously the ones with no symbol at all). I don’t have any sadly, but random errors like that interest me as well! cool dragonite !

1 Like

Seeing whats not the norm is whats most interesting to me. Thanks the fact its on a big name pokemon makes it superb in my eyes.

2 Likes

@jac2357 @JoshsOddCollection

How about you two work together to start identifying new errors. More hands make less work.

3 Likes

@jac2357 @JoshsOddCollection does shadowless Dewgong appear in either of your lists?

1 Like

Are you referring to the underline error? :eye:

1 Like

I am! very little info on it but it’s cool I think

2 Likes