Misaligned print layer non holos

There is a great article (now 2 threads) on the misaligned print layer holos and i thought it would be great to make an accompanying thread for the non holos as these look really good aswell. Please feel free to add any that you own or know of. Heres my one…

20220830_163946

16 Likes

Awesome Dragonite! I was waiting to see what you had when this card was mentioned in the other thread!

I know there’s a collector on Instagram who has a few of these, Kabutops being one. I’ll have to search when I get home. I wonder if it’s from the same fossil sheet

1 Like

Thanks. I never see many wotc ones which i hope this thread might help out with but all eras are welcome. Super excited to maybe see more fossil that would be cool. If i ever got hold of a 3rd print fossil like this i think id die lol. On a side note exceptions for 3rd print fossil any error is most welcome tee hee i can live in hope lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems to be most common in fossil nonholo rares. I’ve not seen it happen in any other set. I’ve got a Moltres like this too

6 Likes

Love seeing them wish i could see whole pics of each. Feel free to show moltres asap lol. Thanks for the extra info just had a look through.

6 Likes

Love these! The budget shifts, but not any less cool than their flashier counterparts imo.

Here is a small drowzee:

But the best of my small misaligned layer collection are these 2:

These are to the point where they are hard to read. Love them:)

3 Likes

Ive found a new collecting goal lol. Very nice. Heres a base set weedle i saw a while back.

12 Likes

Here some of the pictures I’ve saved of non-holo shifts:

The first two are similar as the Weedle in the comment above:

And no, I don’t own those two Pikachu, unfortunately… :sob:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

That increased the list a bit lol. Thanks. I wonder if we can find examples from all wotc sets, not all cards but at least one card from each would be great.

Somewhere on the misprint facebook group is also someone who has all the neo revelation dogs like that feraligatr. I dont have a picture saved of them currently unfortunately.

2 Likes

Many of these just have the single black spot color offset with respect to the rest of the layers. The fossil ones are interesting because they have that white slice showing, indicating that both the black and yellow (border) spot colors are offset with respect to the CMYK layers

The base set ones are interesting too since it’s clear that only the Y of the CMYK is offset

3 Likes

I wonder how many layers we can find offset on a single card. So 2s the record so far.

1 Like

Great to see all these misprints, would love to find one someday

3 Likes

Not mine, from misprintjeff on insta

7 Likes

Closing in on a full rare fossil set lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if these count, but i found 2 Riolu’s from a Diamond and Pearl Lucario half deck with misaligned back print layers

4 Likes

Also saw this one in a collection that was on ebay about 6 months ago

5 Likes

Was going to tag @jac2357 but I see he’s already seen’t it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is another one of the base set misaligned ink errors

As well as a magnemite similar to those of the fossil set

5 Likes