neverforget50in07 collection

I finally decided to upload my small PSA collection. I had a scanner for many years that I never used on cards, so I used it for this.

A little background about me my collection. I’ve started collecting around 2007 then stopped around 2011 ( I just didn’t like the black and white cards, anime, and games at that time). Then I came back to collecting around 2013 when the Black and White anime was on its final season (I enjoyed the final season). I had high hopes for the next generation and it definitely surpassed my expectations in everyway. Since the XY series, I pretty much stayed consistent with collecting (with a few small breaks) overall.

Overall my PSA collection is quite small (25 cards total) due to me selling cards for cards that I either needed or wanted. I hope to grow my PSA collection overtime as I have many other cards that I need to grade. I’m very happy overall of what I have collected over the years, and grateful for all the opportunities I’ve been given or come across.

These cards are pretty much my original collection. I had a big collection in 2017/18 and sold most of it so I could buy Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise in 9s and 1st edition (the Charizard was actually originally graded by Gary from what he wrote to me a while back). If I had a card collecting goal, it was to get this Charizard. I remember around 2015 I bought and unlimited set and sold that with some other cards to get a shadowless PSA 9 Charizard in 2016. In 2018 I sold that with many other cards to get my personal grail.

These cards I bought during the Covid spike pretty much. Very happy to own them, but this is also how I learned to have patience. The Lugia, Kabutops, and Dark Charizard were all good buys by todays standard, but unfortunately I got burnt by paying double of what the Blaine’s Charizard is worth today. Even though that happened, its still one of my favorite arts in the TCG and I’m glad to own it.

These are pretty much my “after covid spike” purchases. I got bored by set cards a bit and chose to get some exclusive Japanese promo’s. I had to sell some cards to be able to afford these, but it was definitely worth it looking back.

This card was technically free but also a reminder for me not to sell right away when prices start to trend upwards slow and steadily. I originally owned the full deck ungraded but the Blastoise came graded when I bought it. I bought this around 2018 and sold the deck a few months later but kept the Blastoise since someone paid me more than what I originally purchased it for (and without the Blastoise). Wish I kept it now obviously, but grateful to at least still have this.

One of my favorite cards as I grew up with Generation 4. The story with this card is I bought this card originally for super cheap then sold it for $700. I bought it back about a year later for probably close to 1k cause I missed it. This is the last card Id sell in my collection.

These cards have many good/stressful memories attached to them. I have many more signatures that I have to send in for grading, but I’m satisfied for now just keeping them raw. The Himeno and Saitou artist signings were definitely my stressful events to attend. Baltimore was the first experience I’ve ever had with how “passionate” fans can be. Charlotte was only stressful to me since I was on the plain and getting texts that people were already lining up (thankfully made it in time). In the end it was 100% worth it getting to meet the artists of some of my favorite cards as its rare to have that opportunity.

The last card in My PSA collection is an older Mitsuhiro Arita (signed in Norway I beleive) Autograph I bought since I couldn’t find a mint pop series 5 Lugia for when I met him. Glad I bought this card as the sketch of Lugia is one of my favorites I have of his.

Overall I’m incredibly proud of what I could accomplish with my collection over the years. I feel like I’ve learned many things that you can only understand through long term experience.
I remember my main goal for my collection in 2015 was to be able to fill up an old red colored PSA slab holder I bought off eBay. I happy to say that goal of mine is complete.

19 Likes

I have a little update that is a mix of Pokémon cards and a video game system (non Pokémon related).
I have wanted this Gameboy light for a few years now, but I could never find it in almost mint condition at a fair price. A couple weeks back I saw a auction for one and decided to try and win it. I was very happy to see it in person yesterday.

The box art on the back is very cool as it depicts the Tezuka world shop store. This store was only a pop up shop in Akihabara for a few months. It’s very cool to see Nintendo made a system exclusive for the store even though the store was only up from July 12, 1998 - September 27th, 1998.

Its rare to find the Osamu character graphic mint without any flaws on this Gameboy light. Most of the units out there have usually deep scratches or the graphic is flaking off.

The box came with everything it originally had when being sold at retail, along with the receipt which its crazy to think about since no one would think to keep a receipt from a pop up anime store back then.

In total its said there were around 5,000 units of this version made (there was another version that was Astro boy themed), but I have no idea how accurate that info is. Here is a link to a old website that describes the store with images as well Osamu Tezuka World

My last small update is just a few signature cards that have very cool sketches done by the Artist Ryuta Fuse. I remember I just sent these when I was just starting to obtain autographs myself (not knowing at the time autos would become my main collection).

Hope you enjoyed my update! This will definitely be my last one for a while.

9 Likes

The gameboy is such a cool item!!..a little piece of nintendo history. Thanks for sharing!! Also the sketches are awesome and pretty detailed

1 Like

I decided to make a little birthday post on my collection thread. These are just some of the things I was picking up during the Buyee discounts and some of the items I received when volunteering at a regional tournament.

Buyee was amazing with some of the deals that could be had. I’m hoping next Summer, the 12%-20% coupons will continue.

In total I bought around 140 packs of the Yu Nagaba Eeveelution set. The deals for all the packs I purchased were amazing as I bought most packs for around $10-12 each after the discounts were applied. Some of the lots even included other promo cards such as the Yu Nagaba Pikachu.

I was very happy to also have purchased a lot of packs that also included the full 9 card set. As a bonus there was also the Yu Nagaba card shield and an opened Yu Nagaba Pikachu card (and a few random cards the seller tossed in). I also am showing some of the Umbreon cards I pulled.

The next card I bought was the Misty and Lorelei full art as I wanted this card for a while but not at the prices they are currently selling for on eBay. I found a PSA 10 and after the discount was applied, I paid less than $220.

The next two purchases were Stamp Boxes. This was an item I regretfully pushed aside for a while due to having other things I wanted to buy. I’m Glad to have purchased these stamp boxes now as I’ll keep the packs sealed in my collection and I can display the boxes. I paid around $290 per box which better than paying $400+ on eBay.

Overall, I highly recommend using Buyee when the discounts are happening. It saved me lots of money, especially combined with their shipping discounts that they offer once in a while.

Here are some of the thing I got when I volunteered at the regional tournament. I had such a great time volunteering at this regional tournament as it’s great to talk to so many people who enjoy Pokemon. It was also great to say hello to @pfm, @Dizzle and @Alec!

I had so much fun helping kids learn to play the game, it was also great helping everyone build their decks and getting to see all the families enjoy themselves. In total I worked around 29 hours and enjoyed every second of it.

It was also great to listen about what competitive TCG players and VGC players liked about Pokémon what they were excited about. It’s refreshing to hear new perspectives. Lastly, I worked with an amazing group of people, and I hope to see them again. My experience volunteering at the event was 10/10!

I opened the loose packs I got and pulled a Charizard so that was the perfect way to end the regional trip. The two other booster boxes will be gifts for my niece and nephew.

4 Likes

I’ve decided to add some cards purchases within the past few months to my collection thread since it’s been a while (not a fan of digging out cards and taking photos)
Today was a nice day to make a special post since this is also the last day of the Pokémon TV app.

The first card is the Gastly sample card given out at the Pokémon center in NYC in 2002 at a press conference to demo the e-reader cards. The cars were produced by MEDIAFACTORY rather than WOTC. There are an estimated 50 cards for each of the 10 sample cards in the set

This card is also very special as there are an estimated 250-400 copies that exist. This is part of the creatures deck that was given to employees and artists back in 2021 for the 25th anniversary.

the Rockets Zapdos as its one of my favorite artworks in the creatures deck. Im also a fan of the Pokémon Movie 2000, which the art reminds of. Each card represents a year in Pokémon, and this represents 1999.

The back of the card is even more special in my opinion as it shows the 3D CG Meowth from Meowth’s party. The back has an interview snippet from 1997 of Hirokazu Tanaka.

This signed card is one I’m very happy to received in a trade from a great person all the way from Italy. I Recently had this card graded by PSA and it earned a 9 grade. It was originally just authentic when I bought it. When I saw it received a 9, I couldn’t be happier.

This is my only signed card by Masakazu Fukuda in my collection. it was signed in 2020 at the Dallas Pokémon Regionals. This was a great opportunity for me to get a Charizard card with a matching Charizard sketch.

Here I have a slight impulse purchase. I bought a Masaki Alakazam promo. This is my second favorite promo in the Masaki set and I was glad to get it during a 20% off buyee discount. When I received it, I was even happier to see no Masaki marks!

I’m beyond happy to add everything shown here in my collection. My collection is all over the place since I have no concrete goals, which I believe makes collecting even more fun since you can discover new cards and interests within collecting.

9 Likes