Neo discovery booster packs, were they made with long crimps

Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking here for a while but just recently started to make some bigger purchases (for me) with old Pokemon products. I found a seller(from Europe) on eBay with thousands of good reviews and purchased a handful of neo discovery sealed boosters from them. So the boosters arrived today but they are not the ones pictured in the add. They also appear to be long crimps (the add pictured short crimps) I’ve only ever handled short crimps. I’ve only been able to find one or two people selling long crimps on eBay and I’m not sure how legit they are. They seem okay but I was hoping I could get some opinions from you guys as most of you are very well versed in wotc erra cards/boosters etc. All the text seems right and clear there is quite a bit of surface wear/scratching on the packs if you look close but I’m not sure if that’s important, I haven’t handled a lot of neo series packs.

I appreciate anyone’s help or input on this, thank you!

I’m no expert when it comes to WOTC packs but I personally don’t see any red flags on these photos.

Yup. I’ve had a couple of packs like that before if I recall correctly. I’ll have to see if I have any old empty packs left to compare but I remember seeing some of those types of packs back when they used to be sold at a local Comic Book Store. It was the only store that seemed to get the long crimps.

The pictures aren’t working for me, but Neo Discovery packs do have a long crimp variant, they will have ‘Made in Belgium’ written on the backs.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate the info!

Now that is an obscure fact to know! I’m impressed man. I never knew that!