Need help regarding which cards of mine I should send for grading and which cards should be sold raw

Anyone who takes the time to help I really appreciate your effort and regardless,I wish everyone the best of luck in their PokeAdventures

1 Like

With 0 knowledge of what you own I will advise you to grade the perfect condition ones and sell all others raw. Good luck.

5 Likes

The Giant Professional Grading Thread

1 Like
  1. Read AND understand grading guidelines/parameters of the grading company you wish to use.
  2. Assess your cards front/back under a light and look for defects.
  3. Decide if these defects would fall within the range of grades you are hoping to get on your cards.
  4. Send cards accordingly.
6 Likes

Make a spreadsheet of all of your high-end cards (probably worth at least $40 after grading). Include columns for how much you paid for the card, the expected grading cost per card, the expected shipping cost to get graded per card (~$5/card last time I graded), the expected price you would sell it for at the grade you expect, and the expected selling fees (~14% if using eBay). Do the math to see if you will make a profit after grading the card.

When determining what grade you will expect, be extremely critical and shine a bright light to look for any surface damage. When determining your expected grades of your cards subtract at least 1 as a safety buffer. Any card that you expect to get a grade of 7 or lower is not worth grading unless it is an extremely high value card.

2 Likes

I might need you to help me with my stuf lol

Haha I’m just a small time seller but I realized I needed a way to see how much I was putting into a card before selling it. From my understanding taxes apply to the profit you make on a card so if you don’t keep track of your cost basis then you would have to pay taxes on the whole sale of the card. It does take a long time though to search through sold eBay listings to try to determine what price you might get for a graded card.