My most rarest error cards

Both of these came out of the same booster pack and well they do speak for themselfs the cards are fine but the texture is missaligned with the art creating the error.

This here is a odd one it looks like crayon on the card but no its bad layering and blotches of colour (mainly metalic thats gone abit everywhere)
Another newer card its a holofoil without any actual foiling.
This here is a 1:1 card i call the error the “Nugget” error weedle it looks like a goldstar down in the copyright text.
(note that the text is on the sleeve)
Its a print defect where a line has been outright scratched away in the printing press.
This here is one of my few blueback error where the card is blotched by alot of blue ink.
Colouration leakage over the card creating a yellowish Skeen.
defective texturization, it got some texture in the bottom but its all flattend out for the most part which shouldnt be the case with this card
A self pulled suprise where i thought way back that i pulled gold after buying random jungle boosters of ebay only to find out that well theres ALOT more of them
One of my oldest error pulled it back in like 2002 or something kept it lost it and refound it got it graded and here you have it the error symbol Diglett

16 Likes

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Nice psychedelic paragons you got there. Only Missingno is the real Pokémon.

[Edit] The Folie á Deux Espeon is what it’s took to make rainbow rares stand out into grabbing. So thank you for sharing!

Your Manaphy is unique to me in showcasing both worlds since textureless full arts are a reoccurance however you have the best of both.

1 Like

Im gonna update it throughout whenever a new error appears.

That double team Espeon looks amazing

4 Likes

Having never looked at it that way ill from now on refer to it as the Double team error espeon thank you for that name.

3 Likes

No worries, love that. Looks like the right edge of Espeon has the texture for the secret energies, I wonder if those 2 were cut next to each other from the same sheet and if the other cards were distributed in twos.

1 Like

I am so jealous of the Espeon!! That’s amazing. Awesome collection!!

2 Likes

That Espeon GX looks wild

2 Likes

Very nice! Of course, love that secret rare energy.
Awaiting the sun to rise over the coast :rofl:

1 Like

Nice collection! I especially like the Espeon and Energy in the first image. Very cool to see the holofoil ridges shifted sideways like that. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Thank you all for your inputs!

I was abit unsure if i wanted to post it all but seeing the responce i cant but applaud you all not what i expected to be the responces for this thank you,theres no negativity no arguments nothing but purest of fanfare ive yet to seen im humbled to be part of this forum actively from now on.

Cheers Timerunner

3 Likes

Glad to have you aboard! Errors like yours are the reason why I believe error collections should exist! Do you focus on errors primarily?

1 Like

Actually no i do not ironically ive just gotten alot in the times ive been collecting and always been very cautious of error like these since they remind me of my background ((ive worked in industry that makes pokemon cards or used to in this case)) so it brings back memories of that bliss place. Aswell as i like to collect oddeties like the GB promo set, Poke park, Southern Island.

More so then i do the normal sets which i do collect all of save sun and moon era.

A minor case of internal perfectionism and a dab of ocd also does help one in finding these errors.

1 Like

Interesting! Do you have any opinions on Square cuts then?

1 Like

I do but generally speaking i dismiss these as being hand cut cards, there exist legit ones but alot of them are cutouts from sheets.

That being said they arent as much errors as they are likely “masters” imo cards used for alignment of the die cutting machines. These have been forgotten in machine or been circulated these are essentially catds used to calibrate the machinery.

The dimensions differ some between these masters and the ones where they missed the corners. Since the masters are bigger cards to give enough room for the champfer cut that comes after that to the temprorarly square card.

The machine park is made in such ways that cards like these could back then enter packs after being cut if the champer cutter after that malfunctioned or was modified etc they collect all cards cut and send those onwards to packaging manually many times they miss the occational uncut card.

These stops happend about twice a day depending the volume. (This was under my tenure at this factory, it was worse back when they did pokemon cards ((on that note they also only made foreign ones not english since they where almost exclusively made in us))

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your collection and knowledge! Reading through your description here, I thought about how interesting it would be to read a whole article (thread) on the production process for cards. It would be interesting to see how they come to life, and since you are familiar with the intricacies, you could even link error cards (like yours or some of the others from collection threads on E4) to where they most likely became errors within that process. It’s not uncommon for members who have unique skills or knowledge to create a thread dedicated to sharing what they know on a particular topic (although it is always generous, when they do!). Just an idea and no pressure!

3 Likes

You got my interest,
Hmm ill consider it for now!

But the idea does appeal to me.

3 Likes

Radical errors pal!

2 Likes

Update some new additions Misscut goodies i bought

5 Likes