My Collection: Rotom, Sealed Stuff & PSA 10's

I finally got around to taking some photos for my collection thread. My main goal is to have a complete Rotom collection. I believe I now have one of every Rotom artwork, I’m just working on collecting them all in different languages and in holo/reverse holo form. Rotom is one of my favourite Pokemon. He’s unique, cute, and the fact he can possess electrical household appliances is just ridiculous - and therefore adorable.

I also really like Farfetch’d (because he’s a bird with a leek, nothing more need be said) so I’ve started a collection of him too! I don’t have many yet but it’ll be great for me to look back on this thread throughout the months/years and see how far I’ve come.

I collect a lot of different things, so I look forward to updating this thread regularly with new additions. I hope you’ll enjoy looking at what I find along the way!

:grin:

Rotom Collection

Farfetch’d CollectionEdit: More stuff!:

Ultra Shiny GX Shiny Collection

16 Likes

love the farfetch’d collection very unique

1 Like

I was wondering when we’d get a Rotom collector in these forums! There’s so much to like about its design(s)! Are you collection Rotom/Farfetch’d specific cards? Or are you also including cards that they feature in?

Hello! So fun to see someone else collect Farfetch’d. I collect him aswell, with Hoopa and Magmar. Do you collect other languages aswell? This is my holy grail, spent months trying to find a Russian card

imgur.com/a/vaOZCKs

2 Likes

Ooh yes, I’m interested in cards that feature Rotom and Farfetch’d too - please let me know if you can think o any and I’ll be sure to add them to my list if I don’t have them yet!

Jan 8, 2020 18:43:58 GMT pokemonunboxing said:

Oh awesome! I love that Russian card. To be honest I don’t think I was even aware Pokemon cards were printed in Russian. That’s good to know!

Eventually I’ll look to add foreign language cards to my Farfetch’d binder. My main goal would be to collect all the artworks first, then work on filling in the gaps.

1 Like

https://instagram.com/p/BrLJBHyAxGv

You need to add this to your collection, artwork is 10/10. Only released in japanese

Nice collections. I’m a huge fan of single-Pokémon collections, since I do the same myself for Pikachu and Seviper (and used to do it for Mimikyu). I also make lists for collectors, which you can see in this thread (here all the lists I’ve made thus far - with a date where newer ones are more accurate and updated). Let me know if you want me to make a complete Rotom and/or Farfetch’d list. :blush:

PS: Good luck getting the rarest card featuring Rotom of them all: Ishihara GX. It was given to the CEO of Pokémon for his 60th birthday, as well as some other copies to ~30 employees of Pokémon. A PSA-9 copy sold last year for 12.1k USD, and a PSA-10 copy is currently on eBay for 100k USD… Both of those are extra copies though, since the seller also sold some Art Academy cards and other high-end cards which the actual owners never sold.

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

@pokemonunboxing That is a beautiful card - it’s on my list!

@quuador I knew the mention of Ishihara GX would happen sooner rather than later, lol - I will forever yearn after that card! I was simultaneously overjoyed and crushed when I saw Rotom featured on it. It’s amazing he’s on such an exclusive card but at the same time, I know my Rotom collection will never be truly complete. If I ever win the lottery (slim chance as I don’t ever buy tickets) I’m making it my mission to hunt down a copy of Ishihara GX…

I would love to see a Rotom and a Farfetch’d list, but only if you enjoy making them!

By the way I first saw your name on the Pokemon TCG subreddit, perhaps a couple of years ago… I remember you posting about your recent purchase of The Masked Royal. I’ve been admiring your collection for quite a while it seems!

:grin:

1 Like

If I didn’t enjoy it I wouldn’t have suggested it. :wink: It’s been a while since I made one, so I’ll put it on my TODO list. Will probably have some time to do at least one of the two lists this weekend. Will keep you posted.

And yeah, I’m pretty active on the /r/pkmntcgcollectors and /r/pokemoncardcollectors as well. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Do you have a link to the listing? I cant seem to find it just searching for ishihara gx

www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-PSA-10-Pokemon-Black-Star-Promo-Ishihara-GX-TPCi01-MEGA-RARE-GEM-MINT-/333271734624 Found it through google images… :confused: Those stupid auctions of CollectorCache’s auctions also never show up for me unless I have a direct link or use geoships… Already missed a few Art Academy Pikachu auctions because of that. :angry:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Really cool collection ! Rotom is my favorite mon post Gen 3, happy to see it get some love.

1 Like

Oh, really. I can imagine the Pokémon company has that many employees, but did each of them receive this card? :face_with_spiral_eyes: When the first PSA-9 copy was sold and some information popped up, I’ve heard only around 30 employees of TCPi received a copy.

Greetz,
Quuador

That’s super interesting, I hadn’t heard the story about CC lying. Did they lie intentionally or did they make a mistake? If you’ve got a link to an article or anything related to this I’d be really interested in reading it.

Another collection I’m working on is the shiny Pokemon from SM8B Ultra Shiny GX. I love the simple designs of these cards and I prefer them over the English Hidden Fates variants with the yellow border. I think these binder pages will be some of my favourites to look through once I’m done. I’m at 25/45 currently!

Wow, that’s incredibly shady of them. What a shame.

:zipper_mouth_face:

I added a few more Rotoms to my binder this week! It’s taken me far too long to find copies of Charon’s Choice. Other small additions are a shiny Buzzwole from SM8b, a Japanese VS Farfetch’d and a random PSA 10 - it was going for cheap on eBay and I thought the artwork was cool…

4 Likes

Nice additions! Love the Rotoms especially. :blush:
Not sure if you’re aware, but since you seem to like Rotom I figured I’d mention it: some of the latest Sword & Shield sets also contained a Rotom Bike and Rotom Phone. And in the anime there is currently a Rotom Drone, so maybe we’ll see that one as card soon as well.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Thank you! :grin:

I’m aware of the Rotom Bike (I’ll be ordering a couple of copies soon!), but not of a Rotom phone card - I haven’t seen one in any of the recent set lists, would you mind pointing it out to me?

Nice duck collection!

1 Like

It’s in the Japanese Charizard VMAX Starter Set: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rotom_Phone_(Charizard_VMAX_Starter_Set_11)

Probably will be printed in English and other languages soon (Darkness Ablaze perhaps, since it also contains the Charizards from that same deck)?

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like