My Collection: Rotom, Sealed Stuff & PSA 10's

I had totally missed this - what would we do without you @quuador ? :sweat: Thank you!

Thanks @papafrankgod !

I’ll update my binder photos soon, things are starting to look sweet!

1 Like

These Japanese Pikachu boxes arrived today! I have more sealed boxes in storage but I like this little stack in my house :grin: I adore the artwork on the Misty and Brock boxes:

3 Likes

I bought my first high-end (for me!) PSA card last week:

I mentioned this in the Recent Purchases thread but my intention has never been to collect PSA cards. I’m a binder collector at heart, it’s how I enjoy viewing my collection best.

I think part of me has always considered PSA cards as out of my reach, but recently I’ve been reconsidering this and thinking about what money in the bank really means to me. I’ve decided I’d much rather have objects that I can enjoy and share with others. I love collecting, and I love this forum of collectors - seeing everybody’s collections is so inspiring to me, and recently I’ve been thinking “what’s stopping me from having cards like that?”… and actually, the answer is nothing.

I think I will always have the issue of wanting to collect anything and everything (seriously I don’t think I’ll ever fully complete a collection lol) but I’ve decided that’s fine. If my collection brings me joy, then I’m a happy girl.

There are loads of cards I would love to own in PSA 10 so who knows what I’ll buy next. I am drawn to low pop cards, so maybe that will be my “thing”… let’s see! :blush:

Currently my only other PSA cards are these:

I hope I can look back on this in a year or two and think “look where I started!”.

6 Likes

A few more PSA cards arrived this week!

I’ve always loved the artwork on this card so I couldn’t resist picking it up:

I didn’t know I needed these until I saw them on eBay. Browsing eBay has been dangerous for me lately…

This Rattata makes me laugh:

1 Like

Me at 3 am when the microwave beeps and my nachos are done heating up

3 Likes

I finally got around to taking a photo of my Rotom collection! I’ve recently added some French and German Rotoms, alongside some Korean Rotoms courtesy of @azulryu , and just today I received a Thai Rotom from @pichufan , although this card isn’t included in the photos below.

The last photo shows my 107 unique Rotom cards, although now I have 108 including the Thai card I received today.

I’m super happy with my progress so far and I can’t wait to add more to my collection! I still need to do a full count of all Rotom cards in existence. I’m quite a way off completion but I just love the journey.

More recent collection additions below!

Cosmic Eclipse complete CHR set:

Some more SM8b shiny cards - I have more on the way from Japan, leaving me with just four needed to complete this sub-set:

6 Likes

Absolutely love the spread you have going and was wicked happy to contribute! Rotom has such a great design!

Those Ultra Shinys look stunning together!

1 Like

I hope to do Rotom justice and get as close to completion as possible! Sadly if I stick to my goal of acquiring one of each artwork, that includes Ishihara GX and also the 2017 and 2019 Champions Festival cards… which means picking up all of the languages and all of the stamped versions… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I really like the Japanese shiny cards, the yellow borders on the English versions just didn’t do it for me. But I agree, they look ace all together - can’t wait to have every one neatly displayed in a binder!

1 Like

Such a cool Rotom collection! I used to play a Rotom deck on PTCGO, it was areally fun budget deck to play with.

1 Like

Thank you!

I never built that deck but I saw it played - the Roto Motor one from Ultra Prism/Forbidden Light, right? I was so happy when they printed all those Rotoms, ha!

1 Like

God, vending series card arts look so amazing. I really need to stop slacking and pick some more up

1 Like

Must have been one of the best days for your Rotom collection! I can’t think of another Pokemon that’s ever gotten 5 or 6 different cards in a single set :grin:

1 Like