multi-level marketing Collectors?

What do you guys think about multi-level marketing? I personally think the art as well as the potential of the franchise is amazing. The card arts are nostalgic and definitely sugimori-esc

Not only that, the gameplay itself is innovative and has some cool features such as a “4th wall” that strengthens your cards based off of your physical location in the country.

Here’s a video of a box opening. What do you guys think? Seems like it’s also being run well on the business side due to the fact that their $90 boxes are now selling for $2500, this is definitely creating hype.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHKy6dGGHjk

3 Likes

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I saw it on an Instagram ad and thought the game looked really interesting. But they’re going to have to push it hard with some great marketing if it’s going to get anywhere. Otherwise I think it has potential, I like the art.

1 Like

DBruze and I opened a 1st Ed Kickstarter 36 pack booster box on video yesterday and we were both VERY impressed. We even pulled a reverse Mothman;)
I’ll show the video in a day or two.

3 Likes

I am incredibly excited by this game. The cards are taking me back to when Pokemon first came out, and the holos are brilliant just like the vintage pokemon ones are.
Was a couple hours late for buying a KS box from the website because the high price for international shipping made me delay.

I have ordered a bunch of the 1st Edition stuff though and am eagerly awaiting their release. Can’t wait to see them in person.

2 Likes

Nice, DBruze (wheresmypokedex) was who I first saw post about them. Definitely glad you guys got to open a box! Mine is coming next week and I am going to do the same on my insta :blush:

1 Like

Grabbed a Kickstarter box for $650 last week before prices went crazy. Also got a case of boosters so looking forward to opening those when they ship.

is there a source for this like bulbapedia is for pokemon?
I have 0 experience with this but the darker Theme looks good

Definitely looks like they are printing more. I think there will be entry points for every level of collector. Full disclaimer before I talk about these prices, I am not heavily “invested” into multi-level marketing at all. I have a booster box coming next week and that is it, other than that I am just getting very interested in this stuff :blush:

Right now the rarest cards are sample cards which I believe there are only 100 of each cards. All with black borders, printing errors (hence why they are called “samples”), with arts/cryptids from the main sets besides a few. These cards are running at a $1000+ each right now, it will be interesting to see what some of the holo samples of the big ticket cards sell for. For example this sample Loveland Frog will definitely break records when a listing pop up. Probably $1500+?

Then you have your next level which is the kickstarter 1st edition booster boxes. This set was limited to 2500 Booster boxes, 2000 blister packs, 1000 spellbooks, and 500 of each tribal theme deck. I would consider this set to be the “1st edition base set” if you will. Right now some of the better cryptids from the set are going for the $100-300 range. All have red borders and a k logo in the bottom right of the art. Here is an example of what these look like.

The scans don’t really do the holo patterns any justice…

The print runs for standard 1st edition will be 10x of what the kickstarter print runs were. For example, there will be 25,000 1st edition boxes without the kickstarter logo. These have already sold out and are currently selling on ebay for around 3x retail. ~$300 give or take. After this set there will be an unlimited print run which I believe will just be printed based off of the amount of demand. Similar to the original pokemon base set.

Finally, a new set will be printed in October.

2 Likes

I love the art and overall aesthetic of multi-level marketing. Really wish I’d known about it sooner. Are they going to make more 1st edition products available or was that an April fools joke?

Unfortunately they are just printing the 25,000 as far as I am aware. I believe those are all sold if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Looks like a cash grab trying to bank off of pokemon’s hype.

24 Likes

interesting, but not my cup of tea. I guess the closest thing to a tv show this would have is x-files.

It’s been stated by multi-level marketing that they have only released 20% of the 1st edition box presale so far. I believe I saw that on the Reddit directly from the creator.

Found this on their Side. Ebay sellers lie/ scam/ dont know lol

20% is sold of 1st edition print run, 25 k Boxes Total is correct

1 Like

This is what I was referring to when I asked if it was an April fools joke because this was posted on April 1st

1 Like

Omfg i didint realize it was the 1th April he posted that , haha would be a funny joke , got me then
Stupid 1th April now he got me after i was so sure to dodge every possible thing XDD

Is 25k typical for a 1st edition print run? Seems like a lot without knowing much about typical print run numbers.

20% sold is not a joke. More 1st ed product will be available in the future.

25,000 seems like it would quench the current thirst. I’d predict these boxes will sell for slightly above retail still but not the crazy numbers they are now.

The franchise will really have to grow in order for unlimited to be something to be more common than 1st edition and still be desirable

1 Like