Most expensive/rare Gengar and Dragonite cards?

This might be a weird question. But what are the most expensive/rare gengar and dragonite cards?

Gengar: Masaki / LC Rev 10

Dragonite: 1st ed Fossil Holo / No Holo Error Rocket Dragonite 10 (?)

2 Likes

Honorable mention to both red logo 3rd print fossil gengar and dragonite.

4 Likes

Agreed with @admiral.

BUT, I wanted to put in a plug for my very niche “holo-variant” Dragonite and Gengar cards.

Skyridge Gengar reaching for an orb:

I’ve only ever seen 2 PSA slabs, including my copy (1 PSA 10 currently on eBay, 1 PSA 8).

No Sparkle Error 1st Edition Fossil Dragonite (Left Error / Right Normal)

s-l400-2
s-l1600-70

I own PSA 9 Unlimited and 1st Edition copies of the “no sparkle” or “no shimmer” error. What you see is a complete absence of the sparkle in the background. Only a handful of stars are visible. You really have to see it to believe it.

Here’s my Unlimited PSA 9 as well (thanks @Cerulean!). The 1st Edition copy is much more apparent than the Unlimited copy when you use extremely bright LEDs. These types of sparkle/shimmer variations are on a spectrum.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the English Cosmos Holofoil Fossil cards:

Or the Matchprint cards, of which there are only two (known) copies each:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Forgetting about English Cosmos Holofoil Fossil cards and Matchprint cards is a coping mechanism. If I acknowledge that these exist, then my collection will never be complete. :sob:

1 Like

Haha. Sorry for reminding you of their existence in that case… :innocent:

Tbf, both of them are Sample prints, not official releases. That’s how I cope with them for my Pikachu collection goal. They’re more nice-to-haves than collection goals. (Although that doesn’t mean I don’t really want them… :pleading_face: )

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes