Most Expensive 1st Edition Base Pack Sold?

Back in 2020/2021 Logan Paul did a second box break. The packs sold for 38k each of a 1st edition bass set that got opened live.

Do you ever see a pack of 1st edition booster pack going for that ever again? I believe a heavy pack is about 10k currently.

Going back to these prices it would affect the rest of WOTC cards/prices as well. I think base unlimited boxes were selling for 40k as opposed to he 12k-15k current box prices.

If I remember correctly those who spent 40k a pack weren’t even collectors, but companies trying to promote themselves, they didn’t give a damn about Pokemon.

2 Likes

The first Logan Paul box opening was worth the 10k or so per pack. That was one of the best openings ever. It had more views than the new iPhone release that week. And if you wanted exposure, you could see the growth in real time after he mentioned someone’s name.

Because of the success of that opening people thought they would get the same exposure on the next one, hence the peak 40k price tag on packs. Even though they didn’t, that price is actually still not unreasonable for what you would pay someone with Logan’s metrics to do a shoutout. Someone that size is going to be 40-50k for a shoutout so getting a pack is at least a consolation.

12 Likes

That’s true. I suppose the shoutout was worth the price tag