Moonbreon meme meta discussion

8 Likes

I know I’m falling for the bait but

$600 → $5k in 31 years.

If you just put the $600 in an index fund you’d expect around 3k in 31 years.

That’s a $2000 difference. Adjusting for inflation, that’s around $800 today.

That’s a week’s salary working at an Amazon warehouse.

That’s 0.06% of the working hours available to you between 2024 and 2055.

If the biggest financial move you make across 31 years is to make $800 more off of a Pokemon card compared to just blindly using an index fund, that’s astoundingly sad.

11 Likes

also

21 Likes
  • Not for everyone. Depends at which pricepoint you bought the raw card. I bought mine at US$230, that’s more than $4k profits (per raw card). And mine is a PSA 10 copy.

• That’s why people own multiple copies:

It’s not. You need to account for opportunity cost across 31 years. It’s $800 in 2024 dollars.

I don’t know how to say this nicely, but if it takes you 31 years to make $800 or even $4k in this hobby, you’re doing extremely substandard. I’ve seen numbers like that and way better on things I bought and held for 1-4 years.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Oh I was being modest on the estimated future prices after 2024. Do not take it too seriously, it could be much higher than those.

I remember when these shenanigans were confined to the unpopular opinion thread

5 Likes

11 Likes

LOL :laughing:

*What shenanigans? Already said prices after 2024 were estimates.

20 Likes

Can we delete this moonbreon crap and get back to funny memes?

11 Likes

I thought this was behind us all. It’s only been a few months!

moobreonReturns

10 Likes

It’s really interesting how much a single person can do to ruin affect a mood in one whole forum

14 Likes

Ahem

1 Like

credit: @cdarwin7

6 Likes

This has to be trolling or a psyop to make people despise the Moonbreon card, thus lowering demand, and driving the price down so that Moonbreon fanatics can buy more. :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t know why so many people hate on you bro, its pretty sad. At first I thought, maybe its an inside joke or something. But after so many instances where I see you getting nothing but snarky remarks, I’m pretty sure they just don’t like you lol I don’t know what you said in the past to trigger them so much.

Also, breaking down a meme and interpreting it at face value as if it was done with exact computations with exact numbers is a little too much. People are too much. :rofl:

Sometimes I want to create a post or comment something, but the general tone of this forum is quite negative and unwelcoming to anything that goes against the common norm. Rather stay quiet and lurk. :no_mouth:

2 Likes